Ian Ramsey

CTS BLANK
May 09, 2010, 03:46:05 PM
Comments please , This is a CTS blank they rate it as 37 kg , it is 8 ft long , and total weight  of rod is  527 grams , In the photo it is lifting 10 kg , I find I can cast it twice as far as the calstar I first built , Lure weight 130--200 gram ,

Roy Gould

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CTS BLANK
May 19, 2010, 01:43:52 PM
Hi Ian,
 I to have got a CTS blank, it is a 2 piece at 7.8" long, rate at 24-37kg and the lure weight is 150-200grm , it was built up for me by Offshore rods here in NZ and is called a Illusion popper rod,
i agree that it does cast well and has a good action, I cannot compere with a calstar as I have no experience with them but I prefer it to the  Diawa GT86 and the OTI 37kg popper rods, a lot of bang for your buck I would say  :) 

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 03, 2010, 09:44:25 PM
Hi Ian,
 I to have got a CTS blank, it is a 2 piece at 7.8" long, rate at 24-37kg and the lure weight is 150-200grm , it was built up for me by Offshore rods here in NZ and is called a Illusion popper rod,
i agree that it does cast well and has a good action, I cannot compere with a calstar as I have no experience with them but I prefer it to the  Diawa GT86 and the OTI 37kg popper rods, a lot of bang for your buck I would say  :)
Hello roy iam knew to this forum what size poppers would you say this rod is best for would it be good for 150gm cuberas also how is the rods action compared to any of the following rods ripple fisher gt79h,seed gt83h or the diawa gt86 softer or stiffer in action then also where can i buy a blank from any online stores?

Roy Gould

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 04, 2010, 08:30:44 AM
Hi Vasko,
 I will not make any comments on the Ripple-Fisher or Seed rods, I have not used them, But I understand they are good quality rods, I can say that the CTS blank I had made up is better for me, as it is only 7`6" long and not 8`6" like the GT86, it is a med/fast taper, so the tip is not overly stiff, and it casts 150grm Cubera`s no trouble, but it will be a bit overloaded with 200grms lures I feel, you can use this e-mail address to find out more if you need too :-  [email protected],
 You could also e-mail Offshore rods, and ask Leon what he can do for you, nice guy, knows his job and very helpful, Offshore rods NZ is at :- http://www.offshorerods.co.nz/index.html,
 I think they make a 1peice rod that goes a bit heavier, 200-250grm, I think might be 8`long.

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 05, 2010, 08:06:09 AM
Thanks for reply and emails.