GTPOPPING.COM Sponsors (Historical) > Australian Angling

maxel?

(1/5) > >>

Jamie Moir:

--- Quote from: Steve Philp on June 18, 2010, 10:05:35 PM ---Yes price XE this reel made by MAXEL Jigging Master assemble themselves and brand.
Same reel with  MAXEL brand will be will be around $450 Au as of August in Australia and include 5 year warranty.

--- End quote ---

I thought the JM reels were supposed to be made in Taiwan? Are you saying that the JM reels are machined in China, then assembled in Taiwan?

Edit: actually I notice this page they are the reels you're importing?

The OSL10 looks like the JM PE7, but only busts enough drag for 65lb? Mores the pity, it otherwise looks good  for sambo season.

AustralianAngling:
Yes MAXEL machine all the parts for Jigging master and some other brands.

Jamie Moir:
Played with any samples yet?

Any idea what happened to the drag? The JM PE7 has a "efficient: 45lb, max: 80lb" and that reel is only making 22lb?

AustralianAngling:
Have several reels and all models on way for Australian trade show. Just finished 3 weeks in Papau New Guinea with reels.
Really can not see point of 80lb or 36kg of drag I only use 18kg to 20kg of drag in the chair for 1000lb marlin and I rarely see an angler who can fish more than 20kg for any length of time.
I have the SM10 which states it has a max of 10kg was setting this reel to 15kg in PNG and it had plenty more available.

Jamie Moir:
I've always considered the amount of drag available on JM reels to be a little ridiculous and therefore irrelevant.  Surely you would agree that you need at least 1/3 - 1/2 of the line rating though? So for PE8, you're looking at at least 12kg.

Good to hear the drag is a little better in the two speed, 33lb is a bit closer to the mark!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version