Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 12 July 2010
July 13, 2010, 09:01:51 AM
Tim: It was still a bit breezy today but turned into a wonderful day. Frank managed to get his first Gt today and was not content with 1 but managed to land 4 himself! He is a very happy man tonight. It was a good variety day with Red Bass, Gold Spot, Bludgers, Gts, Long Tail Tuna, Rainbow Runners, Shark Mackerel, Spanish Mackerel and Long Toms galore caught. Kym had a really decent Gt hooked up and dropped it and was immediately smashed by a good Spaniard that then got off as well, frustrating but awesome to see. The turn of the tide was amazing today as the reef was fully exposed and we were in a maze of channels and picking away at the fishing in the gutters and nooks and crannies, very enjoyable.

Nick:- Well a little change in fishing today and I was back on the GT hunt, I had Bob, Michael & Ronan onboard today. Our first couple of stops this morning were in some blue holes which I must say looked pretty damn good but we only managed to see one fish in there who was so acrobatic he should have been in the trapeese in the circus. Head over heels....or should I say head over tail he came at the popper at 100 miles and hour, I think he must have had his eyes shut 10 meters before he approached the lure cos he missed it completely and looked like he was still a learner but never the less its always good to see them in that way. This was enough for the boys to keep casting and I'm glad it did as not long after that Michael managed to boat a really nice Red Bass around 8kilos, nice fish. Our next stop was going to take it to the next level with fusies everywhere we managed to hook three more fish but only managing to convert one of them. Later on in the morning we managed to boat another fish and kept seeing fish until lunch time but some just not really committed. After lunch we were still trying to get Bob his first GT he had managed to hook up three time this morning but couldn't convert any of them. He again managed to hook up twice this afternoon and still for some reason (maybe he didn't wash the cuda slime off his hands from yesterday) nothing managed to stick. Although no fish were boated in the afternoon we were still seeing fish all day which was our compromise, and not to forget the great weather we had, what an improvement and its only getting better.....

Chris:- Well today was an absolute blast. I fished a couple of ledges on the hunt for the Big GT. We boated 6 this morning two of which were at least 40kg. We managed to hook and boat most of our fish today which was good. Catching a couple of the blokes their first GTs which was an awesome effort - congratulations guys! And then this afternoon was insane! We saw 11 GTs and every single one of them managed to miss the hooks which was a little painful. One after the other it was mayhem. We managed to stick the hooks into one but unfortunately pulled the hooks on him next to the boat which was a bit of a bummer. I'm sure tomorrow will be a much better hook up rate...

Alex- Today started a bit slow with the tide just on the dregs of the run out for the first hour so the action was a bit slow at first. Once the tide started cranking out we started seeing our fish. The first blue hole we went to had a hook up then pulled the hooks on a nice fish of about 30kg. We then saw a school of bludgers and gold spots that was much too good to drive past and pulled a few off there before moving on to more gts. We boated a smallish one of about 15kg and saw a lot more in and around the blue holes. We then went chasing some tuna with 3 solid line burning hook-ups but all 3 pulled the hooks right under the boat so we went 0 from 3 with the tuna and 1 from 7 with the gts. The afternoon was a complete change of pace, I started up Alex's Snorkelling Adventures and we spent a hour and a half cruising around an amazing little blue hole. We saw a few big Maori wrasse, big trout, red bass and a heap of other cool looking little creatures, we also had a crack at two big painted crays that we saw but unfortunately they were too crafty for us. A great day today and it was awesome to see the blue holes from another perspective this afternoon with the snorkelling. So next trip remember, Alex's Snorkelling Adventures if your after a chance of pace or a different aspect of reef life.

Dan Harvey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Bugatti Reef 12 July 2010
July 14, 2010, 04:27:01 PM
top reports lads,good to see the weather gods are looking after you-porb coz i,ve left the state ;)!! Alex-well done on the barra bloke!
The sebile,s payed off for me to, in darwin,barra,jacks,an pb saratoga! anyway back in cold,windy,wet S.A. now .
Cant wait to return! an try "Alex,s snorkling adventures" top stuff!

Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Bugatti Reef 12 July 2010
July 16, 2010, 01:21:06 PM
Thanks Dan if you have any good pics of the Sebiles in action we'd love to see them!