Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef 11 July 2010
July 13, 2010, 08:52:23 AM
Tim:- The wind backed off a bit today so we were able to range a bit further today as well as move to a new anchorage. On the way to the anchorage I came across a really good ledge with lots of Fusiliers all along it and we had some really good Gt action for the morning. We missed a fair few and got bust off in the reef once but the highlight would have to be Lauren catching her first Gt while casting, totally unassisted and she did a fantastic job! With a bit of verbal coaching she had the 28kg Gt to the side of the boat in no time at all. The afternoon session was spent light tackle fishing and once again we had a ball with Shark Mackerel, Gold Spot, Green Job Fish, Trout and small Gts making up the bulk of the catch. A very enjoyable day was had by all especially Peter who stayed on Odyssey for the morning and ended up landing a 40kg Gt off the back of the boat and then followed it up with a 10kg Chinaman! You could not have pried the smile off his face with a crow bar! Well done Peter and Lauren (Father and Daughter incidentally!)

Nick: Today started off with a bang just like most of the guys, we found a good ledge holding a lot of bait and managed to raise 6 fish in the first couple of hours of fishing but could only boat two of them. This definitely looked to be the start of a good day. We ran to some reefs further to the NW where more bait and fish were seen and one more boated. After lunch things seemed to slow a little,  working some ledges waiting for the tide to start flowing saw us raising some more fish but they seemed to lack commitment. It was enough to keep Connor and Gordon casting for the rest of the day. All in all a great improvement from the weather yesterday and it looks like it's only getting better.

Chris:- well moving to a new location is always an excitement because you're fishing new grounds. My plan was to work blue holes and ledges. The first blue hole we started to work we saw at least 5 GTs all of good size. We boated 3 within half an hour. All of good size, a nice 35kg followed by one of 30 and another of 28. I worked a few other ledges seeing pack after pack and we boated 6 for the day. Hooked up to 15kgs but couldn't keep the hooks in them and saw ridiculous amounts. It was quite a good day. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings....