Kurt Carlson

Re: Shimano Australia - you are awesome!
April 30, 2011, 03:49:44 PM
Really got to commend their parts guy Oliver.  He has been a great help sending parts to Tonga.  Thank you, Oliver all my reels are up an performing thanks to you. 

Wan Izhan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
May 09, 2011, 09:01:25 PM
Service is the driving factor for me as well. Daiwa in Southeast Asia are abysmal and Shimano not too bad. Daiwa's key problems in my part of the world  seem to be lack of control of dealers, parallel imports, and products being sold without any warranty.

I like the respective products almost equally, so it is service that usually swings me the way of Shimano.

ditto with mark in KL.....a fren of mine have to wait for 4 months for his serviced Daiwa Branzino.
i dunno anyone who expert servicing stellas here.
i was told if the sent to shimano agent, they will send my stellas somewhere else and have to wait many months for servicing.....:(

Nathan Green

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 13, 2011, 12:24:50 PM
wonder if any reps from Diawa read this forum?

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 13, 2011, 12:26:10 PM
wonder if any reps from Diawa read this forum?

LOL. Can't teach an old dog new tricks  :P

Nathan Green

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 13, 2011, 12:31:07 PM
they should, sounds like they are losing some customers over their servive, fingers crossed my saltiga never breaks down!

luke peters

June 23, 2011, 02:55:49 PM
I have to agree the service center in Sydney is great

They have got me out of a Jam a few times, They have also replaced things like line rollers for free when they starting chipping. That was when the sw stella first came out as they new it wasn't up to scratch. Since the the problem has been rectified and a new part put in.

Keep up the good work