Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Elusive Reef ??? 2010
August 03, 2010, 08:16:22 AM
Hi team this report just came through by email this morning but it sounds like Elusive Reef to me. I'm going to take a guess and say this was the report from 31 July 2010  :)

Nick:- Headed off today with the same crew as yesterday and almost the same weather as well. Another nice day ahead of us and the guys were ready for action. The first couple of hours this morning only yielded a few fish but we must have raise four times that and for some reason we were dropping most of them. With a few lure changes made this led us in good stead. We moved between reefs finding patches of bait most of the day. Ray managed to land a nice spanish on his muskie stick bait while the rest of the guys were using the Sebile Splasher 190 which raised a lot of fish today and was the cause of a nice double hook up. Good day today with 11 GTs being landed along with sharkies, gold spots and spanish. Looking forward to tomorrow....

Glanville:- Once again an awesome day was had by all, same crew as yesterday we headed off to catch a variety of fish for the camera lens, the guys were in full support of myself and Damon fishing today again so we went at it hard to get some good stuff for the camera...we didn't get very far before we spotted a shoal of bait on the edge of the reef and myself and Damon sent our lures on a tour which got interrupted very rudely as a Gt demolished the fast sinking Sebile Stick shad 182, which turned out to be an absolute slayer you can cast this lure so far that it lands in a different post code, and the action on it is incredible, its got a very erratic side to side action when twitched and when retrieved fast has got the best looking swimming action. The next point we ventured to had another shoal of bait and once again the Fast sinking stick shad was smashed, it didn't take Damon 3 seconds before he had one rigged and on his rod. Fishing throughout the day was pretty consistent and we were seeing fish at just about every spot we stopped at and I found myself distraught when my one and only fast sinking stick shad was bust off in the reef. We did a little light tackle on top of the reef during lunch and got a little more variety, a couple of red throats, trout, Shark mackerel, goldspots and a few stripeys to top it off before we continued onto the next reef where Kenji got stuck into a dogtooth tuna which fell victim to his fast sinking 155 stick shad, at the same reef only moments later I hooked a solid Gt whilst casting from the tower of the contender, the rest of the pack just attacked this fish, trying to get the lure from its mouth and in between all the frothing white water the only thing I managed to retrieve was a bare leader as it somehow got destroyed in the carnage, wasn't long before we were stuck into another double hook up with a solid Green Jobfish about 8kg and a GT. Damon decided to end the day off with a good size Blue Fin trevally. We ended off the day with great variety of fish and 11 Gts in the mix including a small dogtooth which is always a novelty out at this area of the reef.

Alex- I was out today with Larry and Patrick doing some filming for Larry's tv show. We had some good light tackle action catching 2 nice GTs on the light stuff along with the usuals of trout, emperors, sharkies and goldspots. We had fairly constant action all day but the highlight was late in the afternoon we found another doggie hole. Casting fast sinking magic swimmers and big fast sinking stick shads were the go. We boated 2 one of about 6kg and the other about 12kg and got busted off by a few bigger hounds. We saw a lot of doggies today a lot of followers and a few big hit and misses. To top it off we got a nice green job fish of about 10kg. Good day on the water.