Mark Bantich

13-14 foot rods
August 08, 2010, 07:51:06 PM
Anyone know if there is a stockist of Asassin rods, especially the Blade, or something similar for casting 150 gram poppers, in Aus? Multi-piece preferable.

Thanks
Mark

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 13-14 foot rods
August 09, 2010, 07:15:21 PM
Hi Mark

Good to see you on here mate. I think Andre would be your best bet for info on these rods. Where are you going to use them?

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
August 09, 2010, 09:00:52 PM
Hi Mark,

Tha Assasin range by Barry Wareham are awesome sticks!
At the recent Tackle Trade Show here in SA, Barry's stand was next to ours, and got tyo see their new range of purpose built Assasin SPinning rods in the 11' and 13' lengths... awesome rods and blanks...
The set ups are very different to our typical GT popping rods with a very short butt section, as these rods, being so long are designed more for throwing pencil/skip bait style lures rather than chuggers, as working a chugger with a 13ft rod means you need arms like Popeye!!!

But As they do customs, I'm sure they can put together anything you want... As far as I know the rods come with 2 or 3 different tip options as well ( Light, medium and heavy )

I can find out if there is a AUS distributor for you, or let me know what you're after, and I'll get hold of Barry and see what he can do for you.

Cheers
Andre
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Mark Bantich

August 09, 2010, 09:29:56 PM
Hi Chris and Andre,

I'll hopefully be using them to tease tuna into range for switching them to rock platform based fly fishing down in Tassie. My only interest is distance hence the move towards longer rods.

My assassin is now a six piece thanks to a landcruiser and errant driving. It really does need to cast heavier hookless stickbaits hence looking for the blade, or something similar in multipiece.

If you have any thoughts Andre let me know. I'm going to be in SA in a month or so, then Zambia and the Congo (goliath tigerfish!) so I could hold out if need be, but it is nice to support the locals where possible.

Chris, when are you coming up this way again? The last time you were up here you had to drive a boat with me and Lowy hanging over the side so I'm not sure you had as much fun as us ;D.

Mark

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
August 09, 2010, 09:45:48 PM
Mark,

No worries mate, defintely good to support the locals if you can, so I'll see if Assasin has an agent with the new gear out there...
Congo and Zambia for Goliaths.... hope you get yourself into one of these mate!!!!

Hang on, I just re-read your post... Teasing Tuna into flycasting range from the stones?!?!?!!?!?! :o :o :o !!!!! Thats NUTS!!! Love it!!!

If you coming through SA, would make sense to grab a stick while you're here if you can't get one over there, I can put you in touch with Barry.

To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Mark Bantich

August 09, 2010, 09:51:50 PM
Andre,

I didn't say we tease them in, I said we're going to TRY tease them in. ;D

Mark