Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Frederick Reef 7 August 2010
August 09, 2010, 08:16:23 AM
Glanville:- the plagues of wahoo were at it again today, we caught about 40 wahoo, 15-45kg trolling only 2 rods up until lunch before the guys decided to take it a little easy, rest the arms and try for a little variety, we managed a couple other Yellowfin tuna and then came out the big guns for the end of the day...we put a teaser and couple skirts in and went out wide in search of a marlin to end the trip off with a bang, the current out wide was smoking and the 20-25knts on top of this made for some interesting conditions so we decided to pack it up a little early for the day. I'm sure the guys have got their fill of wahoo now so we have decided to do the trip over to elusive reef tonight I'm sure the inshore edges along the reef are going to be great for the last couple of days of charter.

Nick: Not sure what else to say but wahoo madness.....FULL STOP! I have seen things out there that you will only understand if you go for yourself it's crazy.

Saltaire:- well today was absolutely insane. There were wahoo everywhere. It's just insane. You just can't understand unless you're here doing it for yourself. I lost count of how many we had actually landed within the first hour. Between the wahoo we caught 2 big yellowfin tuna of about 40kg. It's definitely a trip that's worth coming on....