SHizz

Quick picture/report ...
August 17, 2007, 10:38:39 AM
Just got back from a week at exmouth, didnt end up doing any gt popping due to a few "complications" allthough had all the gear ready to go.

I did manage to snag this little sucker when casting at a school of tuna that came close to shore. Put up an awesome fight on my stella 4000 ;) Took a 20g twisty.

Also landed plenty of smaller ones ~50-60cm  on the breamin gear on the flats which was good fun. Got a heap of fish this trip just didnt have any time to go gt fishing and when we did we were stopped by a few obstacles. I did how ever have a first for me ....

Marlin on a jig! Wont go into details but it was lost meters from the boat due to a few errors on my behalf. Estimated at ~50kg.  Took a 200g searock.

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quick picture/report ...
August 24, 2007, 01:47:49 AM
good stuff Josh. Was that caught on the west side?? I take it the lost marlin was due to your knot slip???  :P

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
August 25, 2007, 08:24:51 AM
Well done Josh. Shame about the Marlin! :o

SHizz

September 14, 2007, 12:24:57 AM
no honsu it was not due to bad knots, thought he was done jumping, and went for one last one by the boat where my jig went flying past my head :p

And to re-iterate, the "dodgy knot " saga that day was bad braid hence why i lost 50 meters of it ....not at the knot! :p So stfu haha my knots are fine.