Kurt Carlson

Caranx Kaibutsu long cast
September 03, 2010, 06:34:25 PM
Did a search of the site and found no comments on the Caranx Kaibutsu long cast.  I was thinking of teaming it up with a stella 10k sw.  Has anyone used this rod and have any comments on it's abilities?
Thanks,
Kurt

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Caranx Kaibutsu long cast
September 04, 2010, 07:20:09 AM
Great rod.
Good for lures up to 130 grams or so. Rated at 200gram but it starts to saturate the rod at those lure weights.
Stick baits and medium chuggers and pencils work well with it.
Teamed mine with a 10000FA with 80lb Power Pro and brought in a 45kg GT without too much drama apart from the usual heaving so it is durable.
Have had mine for a couple of years now.
Good value too especially out of Malaysia or Singapore.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 04, 2010, 09:53:22 AM
How is the action in fighting the fish Sachin, is it kind on the back  :-\
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 04, 2010, 01:33:27 PM
It's very good on the back Greg.
Quite parabolic in nature and the butt section is shorter than the Kaibutsu Deep Monster so it is an easier rod to size up to.

Kurt Carlson

September 05, 2010, 06:46:00 AM
Thanks Sachin for the comments.  I am looking to fish it with a range of line from 50 - 80lb.  Biggest lure maybe 150gr.  I would imagine it is pretty light.  I have a stella 18k on a GT special and it is pretty heavy.  I am really looking for something lighter to team up with a 10k when the all day session is going.  I found them on ebay for $390 USD shipped to Tonga.  Great price.
Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:48:21 AM by Kurt Carlson

Khaled Altaher

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 08, 2010, 06:53:19 PM
I own this rod with Stella SW10000 on it for more than 2 years now, as said, its a great rod for the price, suitable for poppers up to 120-130 grams max, i got the butt section shortened by 5 inches which makes it even more parabolic i guess. I wouldn't call it a light rod though, it weighs 445 grams, your other option from Shimano is SpeedMaster Kaibutsu Long Cast, its a newer model, lighter (383 grams) & cheaper.