Mark Armistead

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Introduction
September 13, 2010, 06:51:51 AM
Hi all.
Big thanks to GT popping for allowing us to get involved in the site and thanks to everyone who takes the time out of their day to come and view.
The following is just a bit of an introduction for those of you who i have not yet met or know.
I obviously are an extremely passionate angler, i grew up in the Otways south of Melbourne and mainly fished for freshawater fish. My first introduction to game fishing was a trip to narooma where I caught my first Kingfish. From that day onwards i was hooked on Kingfish, they are such a great fish, powerful, strong and dirty fighters even now after many years of catching them i still love the challenge of chasing these fish.
I now live in Tauranga New Zealand and run a charter operation called Extreme sportfishing Adventures, this is a family business run by both my wife helen and Myself and my daughter Olive.
I run a specialsist Kingfish operation, chasing them on Jigs, live baits and my favorite technique top water lures. I have been lcuky to have fished with some great anglers such as Mogi, Kenji Konishi, Chris Wong and many more who have all been very helpfull in showing me new , exciting and innovative ways to target Kingfish. I also love to chase snapper on soft plastics, game fish when in season ( I want a Marlin on stick bait) and I was even lucky enough to land a Broadbill swordfish.
The Tauranga area is in my opinion one of the greatest areas in new Zealand, we have all the facilities you would excpect in a large city and some fantastic fishing is right on our doorstep. We are also close to major air ports and have some great tourist attractions and trout fishing only 40 minutes from my here.

I look forward to sharing with you some of my exploits over the coming months, the top water fishing in new Zealand for kingfish is only starting to reach its full potential.
I have some very good anglers visiting and i am also planning some trips early next year to locations hardly ever fished with top water lures.
I look forwrad to adding reports and some of the new things we are learning here which i hope will be helpfull to someone.
Many Thanks Mark

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
Re: Introduction
September 13, 2010, 08:23:06 PM
Great to see you on line Mark, I'm a mad keen kingy man too - although they grow a little bigger over your way.  Looking forward to getting across there in a couple of weeks when Dave can fill the cockpit.  Will be bristling with top water rods on arrival!  Keep up the good work.

Stan Konstantaras

September 13, 2010, 08:47:28 PM
Hi Mark,
Have been following you thread with interest, great to see you taking it to the next level via GTPopping, I have 3 calls from Dave this week to talk about his trip, he is killing me!

I like the sounds of this "I am also planning some trips early next year to locations hardly ever fished with top water lures"

yep, I'm in! :)

Cheers
Stan

Sam Conacher

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 14, 2010, 08:06:32 PM
it all truly does sound great Mark that a fairly new type and form of fishing has taken off obviously being surface fishing for big kings in New Zealand.

i have been to New Zealand myself with family and cousin's,  and in all honesty i did not want to leave when i was there i enjoyed my stay there that much,  look's like this will have to be something and definately rating in the top 5 category high on the to do and (must do before i get to old) list.

i'm not saying this for the sake of it,  i to myself personally read all your report's you put up while also looking at the photo's and am highly keen and interested as i am sure many others hear are to.

i am looking forward to seeing and reading more reports and photo's as you add them to this expanding and ever growing form of fishing - top water style for monster kings,  NZ. :) :)
Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 08:08:50 PM by Sam Conacher