Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Elusive Reef 2 Sept 2010
September 07, 2010, 02:50:11 PM
Tim - After the new guys arrived today we headed out for a quick session before lunch and got 2 Gts for the Singaporean guys. It was a great session for Andrew as he got his first ever Gt and loved every second of it. Just before heading back for lunch we landed a Spaniard on a stickbait. After lunch the rain set in for a bit but cleared for a great afternoon and although we hooked up to 6 Gts bad luck was with us and we lost all but one of them! Once again the last fish for the session was a Spaniard on a stickbait that went about 25kg, not a bad effort for Greg.

Chris:- well it was changeover day today. Fished this morning around some shoals, edges and isolated reefs. Seeing a fair few GTs but getting them to eat properly was another thing. Caught a nice one early of around 25kg and a nice Spanish mackerel on the light gear of around the 20kg mark. Fishing the late morning with the new lot of guests I thought I'd stick with a similar plan for the incoming tide. First spot I moved into Ky hooked up to an absolute beauty of around the 40kg mark but with his light gear got absolutely demolished in the shallows but made for a little bit of fun even though we lost it. Saw plenty of fish today but it seemed to me the fish just weren't on the bite like they had been, coming up for the lures but swirling beneath the lures which was quite frustrating at times. To finish off the day I worked another little isolated bommie which was absolutely packed with fussies which was a really good sign. We raised another 4 fish there and got one to the boat. Saw a couple of really solid GTs there. Was good to see a few nice size fish today..

Alex:- today was an interesting day the fish did not want to play this morning and we hooked up to one big reef critter on a popper and it quickly found its way back to the reef. The afternoon was a bit better, we saw a few fish and managed to boat 2. One was an awesome capture the 35kg+ gt hit the popper in about 1m of water next to a blue hole and we ran around the shallows for about 5 min chasing after it. the other gt of the afternoon was also a good size about mid 30s at least the fish are making up for being scarce by being decent size.

Glanville: Arrived out here with the second bunch of guys today and after a quick bite to eat we headed out, I had ET and his film crew aboard and we went in search of a mix bag of fish to get familiar with the surroundings, wasn't long before we got stuck into a solid chinaman on the light gear and straight after that a mackerel and red throat - good start to the afternoon session. We headed out in search of some gts and first spot we stopped at we had a solid fish get its back fully out of the water to attack ET's popper but the fish didn't stick, just a short way down the ledge we had a case of double bending...one solid red bass and a smaller size gt. Later in the afternoon on the way back to the boat we stumbled into some decent action and managed to boat a couple more decent sized Gts, the weather was very kind to us this afternoon and tomorrow is looking like an awesome day.