Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bligh Reef 3 October 2010
October 04, 2010, 09:07:15 AM
Damon:- Blowing a gale today, but plenty of fish caught. 28kg GT was the biggest, we landed 6 GTs for the day in amongst about 50 fish landed for the day, mostly on light tackle. Red bass, coral trout, emperor and all sorts of other things we've never seen before. Something we have called a dogfish that looks like a triggerfish and has massive teeth that crush stickbaits, and it barks when lifted from the water. David caught a 12kg maori wrasse on the light tackle in 2m of water, which was quite impressive. All up a very nice day on the water, but very windy.

Nick:- Well besides getting bashed up this morning we managed to find a few fish. Red Bass, trout and cod making up most of the catch of the morning.
Then as the tide started running in just before lunch we started to have a little bit of GT action which was good. The wind persisted the whole day and I attempted to head outside the reef but was sent back shortly with my tail between my legs with big steep swell causing a lot of anxiety onboard. So we settled for some light tackle casting in and around the shallow which proved to be quite productive with almost every cast bring in a different specimen.
Hope the wind gives us a break in the next few days.

Chris:- Well today started off a little windy. Had a great session on the light stuff drifting over the shallows. I reckon we must have caught at least
12 different species today and probably 6 I have never even seen in my life.
This place has so much variety to choose from. Drifting in the shallows catching red bass, long toms, maori wrasse, all different types of trouts and cods, gold spot and blue fin trevally, sweet lip, and hooked into some really nice GTs in the shallows but unable to boat them. Ended the day by dropping some soft plastics and lucanus jigs over some nice look deep drop offs and pulling in trout after trout. It finished the day off nicely