Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kil, I see you are into the 'Acid Wrap' overheads, do you find them much better than a standard setup?
I have been testing Acid wrap rod for years and all my conventional custom jigging rods are acid wrapped.

I landed 900 lbs bluefin with 6' prototype 'Nano' Black Hole rod. The rod was not acid wrap rod.
When tuna charged under the boat with angle the rod got twisted and I found later that the wrap of the first guide was damaged. It could have been prevented if I had used acid wrap rod.
I fished with Dennis Braid later and he showed  me the same problem with his rod.

Le Vi Hua

What was the thing wrapped onto the line 1/2 way thru the fight?

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Here is a new video in which I fought 900 lbs giant on standup using 6' prototype Black Hole rod.
The light 18 oz rod is not designed for giant, but I wanted to test the strength of the rod.
Surprizingly I could fight with this soft rod much easier and more efficiently than with heavy duty stiff standup rod with which I landed a 800 lbs giant in one hour 5 minutes using the same boat's Okuma 80WII.

Kilsong Fighting 900lb Giant in PEI 9/27/10

I am planning to catch giant on jigs and poppers on spinners on next trip as I gained confidence. :)

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Capt Tony with whom I fished landed a 1,049 lb giant one week later when commercial season opened for two days.
 Prince Edward Island is truely land of giant.

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Another awesome vid. And you're right, gotta have a beer for a fish like that!! I bet you had another after as well!

Tom Grubb

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
thats insain, some great footage, that first run on a stickbait would be crazy.
PoPpInG mAd