Narc

Bali Indonesia 2-3 Oct 2010
October 05, 2010, 11:57:55 PM
Its the beginning of the season over in Bali, and since there were some testing to be done on Kaiser's EL Toro 150 Version II, I decided to round up a couple of guys from the team to head over for the weekend.
Here's some photos just to share... hope you guys wont mind the tiny size of the fishes...

alex frangoulis

Re: Bali Indonesia 2-3 Oct 2010
October 06, 2010, 01:07:27 AM
christ their not tiny. looks like you had fun!

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
October 06, 2010, 01:44:43 PM
I can't believe you did that without telling me you were coming  :o .

Well done  :D. Given recent fishing at Batu Abah and the early nature of the season, you did well.

Just so folks know, there are certainly some bigger GTs there than these, but they are far from easy to catch. The Rubys and Amberjack are standard catches in that area from October to May.
Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:44:14 PM by Mark Harris

Narc

October 06, 2010, 03:37:11 PM
I can't believe you did that without telling me you were coming  :o .

Hi Mark, apologies. The trip was really last minute and with so little time to spare.
I promise I'll make an extra day the next time I go over to meet up with all my friends.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 06, 2010, 03:50:35 PM
No probs mate..... I guessed as such. And I have in any case been frantically busy with boring, non-fishing things. I will be out throwing a few poppers this weekend though.

Do you mind revealing how many fish you caught over two days? It has still been a bit quiet out there at Batu Abah in recent weeks, and I think you probably did better on poppers than anyone so far this season.  I have had a couple of half decent GTs on Jigs in past 2 weeks (see below) but little on the surface yet. That will get better over the coming months though. 

Narc

October 06, 2010, 05:11:56 PM
We had a total of 10 strikes on poppers over the 2 days, of which 5 GTs were landed.
out of the 5 misses, 1 was a GT over the 30kg mark, took some lines and threw hook, from pretty near the boat. Another notable miss was a take by a dogtooth, somewhere in the 15-18kg mark, took the lure sideway and the fish was visible from where we were. Again failed to have a proper hook up.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 06, 2010, 05:40:07 PM
Thanks for that my friend.  That is good going given the recent fishing out there.

There are certainly 35-40 kg GTs out there still, but very wily and tough to catch.  Throwing hooks is common with the bigger Bali GTs - happens to me far too often.

The dogtooth took a popper or stickbait? Either way, that is really notable at Batu Abah!

Hopefully the Bali season is now under way properly, albeit later than usual.

marthen

October 06, 2010, 07:18:19 PM
Good job, well done. Congratulation for the trip mate. ;)

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
October 07, 2010, 04:31:54 PM
Some good captures guys,great place to fish thats for sure..

Paul Vogl

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 10, 2010, 10:39:53 AM

Nice fish guys and that country looks spectacular! Is this fishing pretty accessible if doing a family trip to Bali and who would you recommend to fish with?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 11, 2010, 02:44:53 PM

Nice fish guys and that country looks spectacular! Is this fishing pretty accessible if doing a family trip to Bali and who would you recommend to fish with?

Paul, the good thing about Bali is that the fishing is very accessible - 45 mins from the harbour in a fast boat, and you are at the best jigging and popping sites. The sites where the Kaiser boys were fishing (and where just about everyone goes, myself included) are around the south and east of the offshore island of Nusa Penida - it is spectacularly beautiful there as well as providing decent fishing.

If you are planning a family holiday to Bali, then a day or two fishing is very feasible. If you want details of the better day charter operators, seasons, what to expect etc., by all means drop me a PM.
Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 05:47:08 PM by Mark Harris

Paul Vogl

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 11, 2010, 09:21:26 PM

Thanks mate, I've sent you a pm