Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bligh Reef 8 Oct 2010
October 11, 2010, 09:19:58 AM
Nick:- What a change in the weather today! The wind eased right back which made for a great day out there. We had a late start this morning with the guys gearing up and getting organised. We started out on the flats and there were plenty of fish around cast after cast brought cod, trout, red bass and so on. As the tide started to flow a little stronger we headed out to look for some GTs and managed to find heaps of bait along edges which held plenty small GTs which the guys had a ball with. After a quick swim on the flats for lunch we headed out for some jigging for the start of the incoming in search of a nice doggie but no luck unfortunately we did however manage to hook up to some unstoppable fish but never got a chance to see them either the reef beat us or the sharks. Definitely looking forward to the next few days if the weather report is right!

Chris:- Well today the weather was on our side. I started fishing the shallows which was an absolute ball. We caught 4 GTs for the day and probably lost another 7 or so. There we schools of them and plenty of bait which was a good sign. Caught plenty of red bass, Spanish mackerel, barracuda, trout one of which was 9kg, gold spot trevally. Lost a thumper Maori wrasse all in all was a really good day and I’m sure tomorrow will be the same   

Peter:   Today was an awesome day started of fishing the shallows caught the usual variety we have been seeing on the flats. Switched over to soft plastics in the shallows and worked extremely well.  We got to the stage where we had lost so many lures we decided to have a different change of pace!!! Chased GTs for an hour and half saw probably 9 or 10 and boated 4 all between 8-15kg besides one which was 22.  Also caught a few stand out trout 1 which went 9kgs. The weather turned good for us and we had the opportunity to sneak outside for half an hour and managed to snag a 24kg dog and lost a couple. The day ended up fishing in the shallows with not quite the same results as the morning.

Glanville:-First day back out on the water for me and started off with a cracker, had a few minor boat issues which I thought I would have a chance to get on top of whilst the guys were casting lures on the flats but before I had a chance to open the hatch we had fish coming over he gunwhale left right and centre, we managed to start off with a variety of trout, red bass, emperors, blue fin trevally, mackerel and even had a pack of maori wrasse come pay us a visit which ended up being a double bending situation, unfortunately we lost both fish which were around 15-20kg. We anchored up in the shallows beside Nick and had a chat for an hour or so before the guys decided to catch couple fish again, upgrading to GT tackle we set out to do battle and in a couple hours managed to get 8 GTs to the boat all of which were fairly small ranging from 5-12kg. On an afternoon change of the tide we decided to try a further option and head to the outside edge of the channels in search of a couple doggies and in the short period we managed to boat a fish around 23kg and lost a couple to sharks all in all a fantastic day out on the water...looking forward to a well prepared start for tomorrow, the fish just better pay attention they in for trouble.