Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bligh Reef 10 Oct 2010
October 12, 2010, 12:39:14 PM
Nick:- Well today being 10/10/10 we knew something good had to happen today, and it did. The fishing was a little slow in the morning on the jigs but as the tide turned the fish turned on. At one stage we couldn’t cast without raising a GT. The madness went on for about an hour or so, along with spanish coming up and eating poppers and red bass viciously attacking stick baits. All day we had non-stop action with a quick lunch and at the end decided to head outside despite some swell to look for the yellow fin that we heard the other boats were tucking into. We found a patch of birds and managed to hook up straight away with Jason boating his first yellow fin on a popper, a great way to end the day.

Glanville:- With a plan to move to a new anchorage today we set out eager to get the end of the tide in hope of a doggie, it didn’t take long before there was a solid bend in the jigging rods and a solid 12kg trout was brought to the boat for a couple of pics. We decided to make a move into the shallows and catch a couple of fish on the flats in the calmer water and it started off with a bang and we had a pack of GTs swimming around the boat in water no more than 2 metres deep, the action continued throughout the day and numerous species were brought in for pics, it really is unbelievable the variety of fish that cruise in the shallow water on the flats and in some cases every cast results in a pack fish attacking your lure. After lunch it was time to hunt for a few GTs and it didn’t take long before we got stuck into them and every spot we stopped at had a  pack of fish come up, we ended up with 8 GTs which were all around the 20kg mark, yet another great day’s fishing

Peter:   Today was a day that will stay in my mind for a long time. It started off a little slow in the morning on our search for doggies we lost 1 good one first thing but once the tide turned the rest of the day was constant action. In the shallows every time the guys cast their line there were swarms of fish coming from every direction there were a few times we were getting two fish on the same lure. The best was a 6kg red bass and a 3kg coronation trout on the same sebile splasher.  It was shallow water fishing like I’ve never seen before all the species you would expect to catch on the shallows were caught and we soon lost count early in the peace. The guys decided they needed a break so I suggested a troll. I found a shoal and the action didn’t stop what was intended to be a break for the guys ended up being absolute chaos  with hook ups on the minnows within every 5 minutes we had at least 5 double hook ups on large reef fish and pelagics. The day came to an end and as we were heading in the boys wanted to have a couple of casts for GTs we were only 100m from the boat and they got attacked by a pack of GTs 1st cast we managed to land 1 of them which was around 20kg which was a perfect end to what seemed to be a perfect day’s fishing!!!

Chris:- well today was probably one of the best days of guiding I have had. The amount of fish we saw and caught was absolutely crazy we caught at least 50 fish if not more. I just don’t know where to begin. We started off the day jigging for doggies on the outside of the reef. Within the first 10 minutes of us dropping the jigs we hooked up to 2 doggies that absolutely spooled us. Couldn’t even get a turn of the reel in. We then fished in the shallows for the rest of the day. We saw schools and schools of GTs, coral trout and red bass. It was crazy action that lasted all day. Double and triple hook ups were happening pretty much all day. At one stage we had a triple hook up that consisted of a 6kg red bass, 15kg GT and a 9kg trout. It was madness. It will be a day to remember for a while. Ended the day off with a nice cooked meal by chef Jesse....