Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
RIPPLE FISHER 82LC OLD AND KNEW
October 13, 2010, 10:43:40 PM
Hello every one I was wondering if there was anything diff between any of the ripple fisher 82LC some body recently told me that the older 82LC had a thinner wall blank then the knew ones and if this is true has it affected the rods performance in any way noticeable?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: RIPPLE FISHER 82LC OLD AND KNEW
October 14, 2010, 12:46:57 PM
A quick email to Nomad might be in order to get that answered?

I currently own a slightly custom lime green 82LC (purchased this year) and previously had a standard model which I sold as I fell for the lime green. For what it is worth (probably little), there is no discernible difference in performance.
Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:14:59 PM by Mark Harris

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 14, 2010, 03:11:36 PM

I currently own a slightly custom lime green 82LC (purchased this year) and previously had a standard model which I sold as I fell for the lime green. For what it is worth (probably little), there is no discernible difference in performance.

Mark, surely the lime green casts faster ;), love the color options for the ripples, what color bindings on the lime green LC? I really want to try one of these LC's one day. My buddy cast one for miles but I have not seen a fish fight on one yet.
Set the ray to GeeT

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 14, 2010, 03:27:12 PM

Mark, surely the lime green casts faster ;), love the color options for the ripples, what color bindings on the lime green LC? I really want to try one of these LC's one day. My buddy cast one for miles but I have not seen a fish fight on one yet.

The minimal binding is black and green. Of course it casts faster.. Lamborghini fast  8).

It is a really excellent rod Andy. Casts a mile if you really want to fling one and (more importantly for me) is so easy on the body. Superb stickbait rod and handles chuggers to 160 grams without too many issues. Good fighting rod as you would expect from a Ripple and has more grunt than most folks would expect.

Interestingly, this weekend I intend to do a direct comparison between this fella and a Carpenter DJ83MH - a rod which instinctively feels most similar.
Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:33:55 PM by Mark Harris

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 14, 2010, 04:28:34 PM
Mark, look forward to hearing the results of this shootout, I hope you get some hookups on both. I think an 8 foot GT rod is a good one to have in your arsenal these days when the spots are just out of range of the normal rods. I have a new MH80H  :-[ which i look forward to abusing and reviewing in the near future.
Set the ray to GeeT

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 14, 2010, 04:34:11 PM
Especially if you are a lazy git caster like me  ;).

More seriously, a rod like this is a great compliment to the more traditional, shorter grunty GT rods.

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 14, 2010, 07:02:58 PM
Mark what line class do you use on this rod I know it's rated to PE8 can it really fish PE 8 or do you go lighter to improve your casting distance?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 14, 2010, 07:52:02 PM
Mark what line class do you use on this rod I know it's rated to PE8 can it really fish PE 8 or do you go lighter to improve your casting distance?

Vasko - I think PE8 is optimum for the rod... I have never gone lighter than that. Have even tried PE10 - not ideal but it did not feel totally silly.

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 14, 2010, 08:05:57 PM
Thank you for info i just bought the 82LC the other day and yet to use it what size floating stick baits are best suited to this rod in your opinion mark?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 15, 2010, 12:27:22 PM
I have used stick baits from 100 to 160 grams with this rod. The first fish I caught with it was on an Adhek 100 gram Dragonet.

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 15, 2010, 08:42:45 PM
Thanks for reply's :) cant wait to get out and catch my first fish on this rod hope it happens this weekend ;D