Sam Cheadle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Patriot Design Master Bomb
October 17, 2010, 05:39:40 PM
Hey Guys,

Has anyone got any feedback on the Patriot Design Masterd Bombs?

I bought one today and i like the look of it but haven't been able to find much other info. I figured some of you guys would be familiar.

appreciate any feedback you may have

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Patriot Design Master Bomb
October 17, 2010, 06:05:25 PM
Sam, They have a really nice pop to them, but their wiring is pretty ordinary not to mention the paintwork too! IMHO you're going to pay top dollar for a lure, you're much better off with a Kong or Cono Cono! They'll both last longer than most other lures out there after extended use. That is only my personal view!  ;)
AKA: Sunny

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 17, 2010, 07:01:46 PM
I had a go with one at Bugatti and also at Bligh, both 135 models...for their weight they are pretty easy to work and get a really nice big pop out of I found. The paintwork and the foil on the sides does seem to take a battering pretty easily. It wasn't so much a problem for the first one I used at Bugatti as I lost it after 2 fish (that shallow spot near the bommie was just too sexy to pass up)...the one I used at Bligh only lasted 1 day before it was torn up badly and waterlogged....in fairness, it did catch a 35kg cod which inhaled/annhialated it, which took it from brand new to being ringbarked with a section of paint just stripped right off, plus a few 8-12kg cod, half a dozen 6-10kg trout, a 15kg GT and had 2 spaniards hit it.....so it was a kind of toothy day for it

I actually really liked casting and working them, but they are very expensive and I can't see myself going and buying a bag of them anytime soon when for every 2 of them I buy I could get 3 kongs or fisherman s-pops (I have an unhealthy obsession with the s-pop 160 hp tail).....

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 17, 2010, 07:23:53 PM
Here is the pic, of what was a brand new lure 5 minutes earlier (yes, this was literally third cast)

Sam Cheadle

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 17, 2010, 07:33:00 PM
Appreciate the comments. I can see the paint work issue with yours Scott. There doesn't seem to be too many layers there before you hit the wood. Looking forward to the popping action in the water though.

Dan Harvey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 17, 2010, 07:53:19 PM
Hi sam
Chuen and scott sumed it up,i took one to bugatti,it popped okay,but one trout later it looked like a  dunny roll holder the dog had chewed,poor paint :'(