Jeffry Chai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HOTS Gipang Tide Lez 77XH
December 01, 2010, 02:19:44 AM
Hi guys,
What do you think about this rod??? Why I hear a lot Carpenter & RF here, is it the best rod for popping??? Thanks.
Cheers,

Jeff

Mario Benedict

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: HOTS Gipang Tide Lez 77XH
December 01, 2010, 08:37:43 AM
I was looking at this rod as my first GT rod. As it will be my only GT rod(that's what you always say at first) I was looking at an all-rounder

At the same shop they also had the Smith Komodo Dragon. I walked out with the Komodo Dragon instead of the Gipang.
The Gipang is a very stiff rod when loaded up, the Smith although heavier have a more forgiving action when loaded. That was the deciding factor for me. You can actually feel the difference in your lower back. The Gipang is a very light rod for the line class I must say.

Never played with the Carpenter and RF rods before so can't comment there, but from the pictures they look far more forgiving than the Gipang.

A couple of pictures of the 77XXH loaded up on the thread here
http://www.gtpopping.com/forum/index.php?topic=2338.msg21990#msg21990

Jeffry Chai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 03, 2010, 12:01:40 AM
Anyone knew about 77XH???

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 03, 2010, 02:22:53 AM
Certainly a lot of Carpenter and Ripple Fisher fans here, myself included. As an aside it always surprises me that we hear so little about Patriot Design rods at Gtpopping.

On the Hots rods, aside from the odd swing I know little about them. Different price bracket to offerings by Carpenter and Ripple Fisher though, so should probably not be compared.

Jeffry Chai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 10, 2010, 12:38:02 AM
Mark, how do you compare to Yamaga Atlas 76/8???