Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jewell Reef 28 October 2010
November 01, 2010, 02:13:05 PM
Glanville:- We started the day with a plan to do some GT fishing and the hope to find a couple mobile bommies. The GT fishing seemed to have slowed down a little, but our first fish was a giant over 40kg and the next 3 fish were all over 30kg so some really big fish around, we moved a little south and anchored up in the lagoon for a very relaxed lunch, in the mean time I rigged us up a couple baits to tow for a Marlin which was our after lunch plan, we had been going for about 30min and we had a bright blue flash behind one of the baits but no snap, taking note of where this happened I gave it an hour and went back to the same area and saw something which again resembled a Marlin but the fish was not fired up and never came back for a second look.

Tim: Another leisurely day as the guys pulled the pin at 1.30 this afternoon and said to call it a day as they felt they had caught enough fish this week to last a lifetime! The fishing has been really good and they are so happy. We fished the flats again today and got a few Maori Wrasse and it was a first for 2 of the guys = big smiles. We unfortunately lost a monster Footballer trout to the reef and it would have been the biggest one I have ever seen. Peter got the medal today for the biggest fish, with him landing one big one after another – GTs, Blue fin, Cod, Maori wrasse, Red bass and so it went on and on. Over all we had a great session.