Ben Earl

Re: Rod stuck together
November 04, 2010, 05:24:28 PM
You can always double wrap your rod belts to get extra diameter for twisting. 2 belts for each hand and someone else using two hands on the butt usually works - twisting more than yanking

Ben Earl

November 04, 2010, 05:25:27 PM
oh and i forgot, swearing heaps seems to help too  8)

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
November 04, 2010, 06:26:59 PM
Sell it really really cheap as a one piece, and then we can work it out... ;D

Haha until I have tried EVERYTHING you can keep your hands off my Smith GTK 74PG thanks Andrew!

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 06, 2010, 06:12:31 AM
My method.
Do not put peas or ice on the join. Put ice on the male part only. That is the section you want to shrink. To further help you can use a blow dryer on the butt section before icing the male section.
Leave the ice on the female section for a couple of hours (yes seriously).
Hold the rod sideways with the rod behind you and bend so that you can grip it a couple of feel apart behind the knees (can apply much more grip with your knee joint than with your hands)
Pull apart by moving your knees apart.
I had a Kaibutsu that I tried everything with and nothing worked until I stumbled across this method on the net.
Also sorted out an OTI PE12 with this.
Good luck.

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
November 06, 2010, 07:27:49 AM
Wow Sachin, it's getting even spookier now!  I'd have to try some stretching excercizes before even attemting that one!

I always carry one of those cheap nylon filletting gloves around with me, specifically for that purpose (pulling rods apart that is......not stretching) you know the ones with the diagonal beads of silicone all over them.  They work a treat, stick like s%^t to a blanket.