Daniel Kaggelis

GT Popping Denaru Fiji
October 06, 2010, 08:39:20 AM
Hi All

New to the forum but a long time GT fisher. I am going to Denaru for 6 days in December. I am looking at doing a trip from the outer islands to the usual 'good' spots but am wondering if it is worth doing another trip popping for GTs out of Denaru Marina. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Dan

Paul Vogl

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GT Popping Denaru Fiji
October 09, 2010, 01:49:28 PM

Hi Daniel. There are some options out of Denaru, with Boby Kumar (+6799994399) probably the best. It would be worth having a chat with him about seasons there as well.  It would also be worth being specific about catch and release as a lot of skippers retain the catch.

Good luck

Daniel Kaggelis

October 09, 2010, 07:39:49 PM
Cheers Mate

Thanks for the contact, I have heard the fishing is a little ordinary out of Denaru compared to the Coral Coast, howver I am prepared to book my own boat whilst the missus is at the spa.

Paul Vogl

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
October 09, 2010, 08:36:26 PM

No sweat. We fished out of Denerau in Feb and the water temp was a bit off due to some massive fronts that came through in December (one was a cyclone). Bobby is the best skipper in the area and found bait and GT's when the chips were down. We met up with a group that had fished out of Ono at the same time and even they found it tough in those relatively untouched waters. He generally uses his small boat for GT's and its very reasonable on the back pocket, even if its pretty basic.

Would love to get down to the Coral Coast next time. Good luck!

Andrew Pennisi

November 10, 2010, 10:18:11 PM
Do yourself a fav and get over to the coral coast to see the boys at mango bay. I have fished both several times and the coast wins by a mile