Topwater Caranx Ignobilis: Giant Trevally (GT) > Reports & Expeditions

Bali Popping & Jigging with Kaiser 21-22 Nov 2010

(1/2) > >>

Kaiser Pro Shop:
I got wind that the Bali bite was hot in the last couple of weeks so quickly assembled a few kakis for a quick fix Bali jig & pop get away

The multi-national team comprised of pro angler Ken from Taiwan, Mark Harris from Bali, Maverick from Sarawak and me.

Part of the trip's objectives was to test out the Kaiser Pro Shop El Toro V2 popping rod 150g and 180g prototypes on some GTs.

Overall a pretty satisfying trip. Size wise we did pretty well. Numbers wise pretty decent too.

In total, we landed 8 GTs mostly on Kaiser Lures. Biggest 27-28kg, second biggest 23-24kg and third at around 20-21kg. 3 Rubys on jigs but all small.

Ken beat us flat, hauling in GT after GT...great technique, strength and skill!

I was quite happy that I managed to land a nice 35kg doggie on a Synit Venom 4'8" V550FT on high drag with short fight time. Terminals used, my favorite Pink Yo-Zuri FC leader 130lb, Izor 80lb white & LJ 520g jig.

Good catch & GREAT company! This highlights the potential Bali can offer for just 2 days fishing. If one were to fish 5 days in the peak season there exists the potential for a really really good catch!

Enjoy the pictures!

GTs, Rubies & Doggie

El Toro GT Popping Rod 150g and 180g V2 (Version 2) in action!

Ken on a GT strike

Kaiser Lures

Batu Abah- Best GT point in Bali

Jon Li:
Hi Mark ,

Great catches n it was good catching up with you in Bali .

Jon .

Sam Cheadle:
great report mate and some nice pics

Kaiser Pro Shop:

--- Quote from: Jon Li on November 23, 2010, 05:27:05 PM ---Hi Mark ,

Great catches n it was good catching up with you in Bali .

Jon .

--- End quote ---

Hi Jon,

Great meeting up with you in Bali too  :D

Cheap n good food at Tanjung Pinang!

cheers,
mark

Mark Harris:
Great pics Mark and you capture the 2 days very well.

And especially well done to you with that Dogtooth.

As this and other recent reports in the forum show, Bali is going through something of a renaissance as a popping destination.

Thanks for the excellent company and I look forward to it again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version