Daniel Kaggelis

Re: Heru?
November 21, 2010, 10:32:32 AM
I got the same response about not being able to sell to Australia- I have sent them three emails for no response

Garry Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
November 21, 2010, 11:41:05 AM
Funny, after did some tackle tour in jakarta and visited almost all of them, i couldnt even find one heru lures in jakarta.
then in i asked one of the tackle shop owner, which shop/who supply heru lures in jakarta, and he told me its no longer available as heru has passed away, now its replaced by the budi popper-which is his business partner.
not sure weather this is true or not.as i guess heru lures/some other rebadge heru are still floating around overseas.and there are quite a bit of gap in the built quality of the these 2 brands

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 21, 2010, 01:29:12 PM
Garry, I can confirm that what you were told is a load of rubbish. It is true that the old man has passed away but the business has continued and if anything, it has grown and is thriving. The guy you spoke to was simply trying to direct you to a popper which he obviously had for sale. I've never heard of the Budi-popper myself.

If it swims; I want to catch it!

Andrew Williams

November 21, 2010, 01:54:34 PM
Does anyone know how to get intouch with them?  I want to open a tackle shop and want those lures as a good entry lure.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 21, 2010, 11:35:01 PM
Funny, after did some tackle tour in jakarta and visited almost all of them, i couldnt even find one heru lures in jakarta.
then in i asked one of the tackle shop owner, which shop/who supply heru lures in jakarta, and he told me its no longer available as heru has passed away, now its replaced by the budi popper-which is his business partner.
not sure weather this is true or not.as i guess heru lures/some other rebadge heru are still floating around overseas.and there are quite a bit of gap in the built quality of the these 2 brands

Mate - you found them nowhere in Jakarta? That is quite amazing.  Budi Poppers sounds a bit scary :). What's next.. Adi Poppers? Yanto Poppers? 

Narc

November 22, 2010, 02:00:56 PM
Probably worth exploring the option of buying from distributors/wholesalers of these lures in your area/region.

Mario Benedict

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 22, 2010, 04:14:54 PM

Same case here. Went to Jakarta in June and tried to source them but couldn't find any. The only good poppers I found in Jakarta were the Adhek's .
Kaiser had plenty in stock though so I got them from there.

Garry Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 22, 2010, 06:17:05 PM
Actually, i've known that budi poppers for a while as that is the one actually all tackle shop in jakarta stocking. even from  a few years ago.
i just went to another tackle shop today, again, budi's there but no heru.
Ah gu, as for buying from wholesaler direct, good idea, but if i cant even find them in retail, not sure where i can find the wholesaler, even tough i am sure i will have enough order quantity for them to even listen to me.

Narc

November 22, 2010, 07:41:40 PM
Actually, i've known that budi poppers for a while as that is the one actually all tackle shop in jakarta stocking. even from  a few years ago.
i just went to another tackle shop today, again, budi's there but no heru.
Ah gu, as for buying from wholesaler direct, good idea, but if i cant even find them in retail, not sure where i can find the wholesaler, even tough i am sure i will have enough order quantity for them to even listen to me.

Garry,
Where are you located?

Garry Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 22, 2010, 09:39:12 PM
Ah Gu,
i am in jakarta