Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Here are some pic's of my Custom Synit DeepShot Seriola Elite series overhead rod being built. These are all extra options you can upgrade to when ordering a Synit Deepshot. 

SYNIT DS SERIOLA  5.1 180g -550g  Synit Antacid spiral wrap
Max 22kg Drag at 45 degrees, PE5 - PE10, jig range 180 - 550g

Hope you like what you see.......I will be breaking this rod in on some Samson in Fremantle in January and some Kingfish at White Island in NZ over New Years. i will also take it to Portland to have a go jigging some Bluefin Tuna mid next year. It is a very versatile rod due to the the jig range. Lighter jigs for targeting tuna and heavier jigs when targeting Kingfish or Samson in deepwater and strong currents.

Custom Laser Etching on Gimble

Matagi Fuji Reel Seat

Seriola Laser Etching

DeepShot Laser Etching

Synit DS Seriola Katakana Script encraving

Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:29:38 AM by Anesh Patel

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Anesh - any comments on how the Deepshot blank action compares to a Venom?

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Anesh,

Nice looking rod, what reel / line set up will you put on it? is there a similar rod for spin?

I don't know a lot about jigging but that looks like a wide jig range for 5'1", I'll be interested to hear how it handles lures at either end of the spectrum.

Please keep us updated as I'd like to hear more about what appears to be a very versatile rod based on the spec you give.

Cheers
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Jamie Moir

I've got a spin version to test on the Sambos off Perth/WA, I hope to get out over the weekend and see how it fares.

Kaiser Pro Shop

Hi Mark,

Deepshot is slightly more parabolic compared to Venom and instead of Kevlar butt reinforcement there is a 3K carbon weave low on the butt. This material change gives more lifting power with a slower action.

On a side note, one of our customers just landed a nice 58kg doggie on a V550FT 5'2" in Tanzania. The same guy fought an est 300kg bull shark to boatside with the V550FT in March this year and in Tanzania too  :) They have 2 more days to go, looking forward to the report...will be epic for sure!

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Thanks for that mate. Not too much difference in the blank action it sounds?  Will Synit continue running the two ranges side-by-side or is the Deep Shot intended to supercede the Venom?

The Venom 550FT is a truly superb rod so not too surprised to hear those Cr's from Tanzania :).
Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:04:28 PM by Mark Harris

Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Hi Mark,

Deepshot is slightly more parabolic compared to Venom and instead of Kevlar butt reinforcement there is a 3K carbon weave low on the butt. This material change gives more lifting power with a slower action.

On a side note, one of our customers just landed a nice 58kg doggie on a V550FT 5'2" in Tanzania. The same guy fought an est 300kg bull shark to boatside with the V550FT in March this year and in Tanzania too  :) They have 2 more days to go, looking forward to the report...will be epic for sure!

Couldn't explain it better myself Mark.....
As you stock the Venom and have used the DS150 on Sailfish earlier this year. I know you will be stocking the Deepshot series soon.
Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:55:38 PM by Anesh Patel

Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Thanks for that mate. Not too much difference in the blank action it sounds?  Will Synit continue running the two ranges side-by-side or is the Deep Shot intended to supercede the Venom?

The Venom 550FT is a truly superb rod so not too surprised to hear those Cr's from Tanzania :).

As the Deepshot has more lifting power and newer technology it is intended to supercede the Venom.
Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:13:24 PM by Anesh Patel

Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Anesh,

Nice looking rod, what reel / line set up will you put on it? is there a similar rod for spin?

I don't know a lot about jigging but that looks like a wide jig range for 5'1", I'll be interested to hear how it handles lures at either end of the spectrum.

Please keep us updated as I'd like to hear more about what appears to be a very versatile rod based on the spec you give.

Cheers
Andy

Thanks Andy, I will be matching mine to a Ocea Jigger 5000p with PE8
There is also a SPIN version with exactly the same specs.
In fact the whole Deepshot series come in Spin or Synit Antacid Spiral Wrap(overhead)

Specs for the Deepshot range

DS150 5.5 Spin and Synit Antacid spiral wrap
Max 9kg Drag at 45 degrees, PE1 - PE3, jig range 80-250g

DS250 5.2 Spin and Synit Antacid spiral wrap
Max 13kg Drag at 45 degrees, PE3 - PE5, jig range 150 - 350g

DS350 5.2 Spin and Synit Antacid spiral wrap
Max 16kg Drag at 45 degrees, PE5 - PE8, jig range 200 - 450g

DS350 4.9 Short Barrel Spin and Synit Antacid spiral wrap
Max 16kg Drag at 45 degrees, PE5 - PE8, jig range 200 - 450g

DS450 5.2 Spin and Synit Antacid Spiral wrap
Max 20kg Drag at 45 degrees, PE6- PE10, jig range 250 - 600g

DS SERIOLA  5.1 180g -550g  Spin and Synit Antacid spiral wrap
Max 22kg Drag at 45 degrees, PE5 - PE10, jig range 180 - 550g

Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:22:30 PM by Anesh Patel

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
The jig size ranges for each model are surprisingly large?? 

Eg 180 to 500 grams for the same rod. I struggle to see how a jig rod handles acceptably jigs so light they "almost not there" (180 grams) and a 500 gram lump!

Andrew Pennisi

I'm looking forward to having a little play with the new gear  in freo. Not long now mate.

Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Eg 180 to 500 grams for the same rod. I struggle to see how a jig rod handles acceptably jigs so light they "almost not there" (180 grams) and a 500 gram lump!

Similar to how the Japanese rods like a Carpenter 52XH One Hundred series has a jig range of 350g - 1200g OR
how a MC Works Southern Blue Akabara Special 516SS has a jig range of 200g - 500g
If you have used one of the rods above you may get a better understanding.

Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I'm looking forward to having a little play with the new gear  in freo. Not long now mate.

Yeah looking forward to it to mate!!! :)

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:

Similar to how the Japanese rods like a Carpenter 52XH One Hundred series has a jig range of 350g - 1200g OR
how a MC Works Southern Blue Akabara Special 516SS has a jig range of 200g - 500g
If you have used one of the rods above you may get a better understanding.

In my experience - I own a 55XH (its 55XH not 52XH) for example - fantastic rod for 500 grams and above, very poor for working lighter jigs - it does not work like that. How can the same jig rod be sensitive enough at the tip to work a 180 gram jig and have enough stiffness at the tip to work a 500 gram jig? Manufacturers make these claims but they do not make sense nor stand up in the field IMO.

It is like trying to work an 80 gram surface stickbait and a 220 gram chugger with the same casting rod - it will not work.

Nothing against Synit by the way. I am a very happy owner of a Venom 550FT - works 400 gram to 600 gram jigs very nicely.
Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:59:38 PM by Mark Harris

Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
No offence taken Mark, I should have explained it better.

The blanks are made on a special mandrel and the blank is rolled from a carbon mix that allows it to load from a different section of the tip to work the jig and allow the blank to recover when using heavier jigs. It also eliminates the jarring when using the lighter jig weights. This was the sole purpose when Synit started designing the Seriola. 

If you own a Venom and so do i, you will love the Deepshot mate,  different feel ( more parabolic but with more lift . If your in Aussie PM me and I don't mind sending you one up to have a play with as I already have a spin version without so much bling  ;) Better to try it out and make your own opinion.
Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:25:08 AM by Anesh Patel