Andrew Pennisi

Help to find Skill Jigs
December 21, 2010, 09:18:52 PM
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Mg-Craft Skills Jigs they are my go to jig and I can not find them anywhere. The sambos love them and Im keen to have atleast one in my kit for an up comming trip. Any help would be great, Thanks

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Help to find Skill Jigs
December 21, 2010, 10:06:20 PM
Andrew, the Kaiser Shop has probably the best range of Skill jigs I have seen anywhere. Drop them a line.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Andrew Pennisi

December 21, 2010, 10:12:23 PM
No luck there Brandon, they are out of stock. Thanks anyway.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 21, 2010, 10:15:00 PM
That was going to be my suggestion as well.

Given their huge success with Amberjacks, you might want to give the Nasout jigs a go for Sambos Andrew.  Kaiser have those in stock I know up to 520 grams as I have just bought some more for myself.

Nasouts:

Andrew Pennisi

December 21, 2010, 10:24:39 PM
Thanks mark Ill give them a go, not that I'm going to be short for something to drop over the side.

Leo Sorbello

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 22, 2010, 06:22:09 AM
Hi Andrew,  :)

Those Nasout jigs are similar to the jigging master AG Rocket jigs, maybe have look around for those to be viewed.

Andrew, where are you located ?

If your in Sydney, there might be a place where those Mg - craft gamma skills jigs could be.

If not in Sydney, go to Tsurishopjapan in Japan. Drop Nigel an email or look at their web shop site and you should see them, not sure what weight your looking for.

Also have a look at those River2Sea spike jigs, again similar to the mg-crafts gamma and cheaper too.

Drop me a PM if you wish.

Tight Lines !

Leo

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 22, 2010, 09:22:31 AM
Hi Andrew,

Any particular colour and size of Skill Jigs are you looking for? I have some Skill jigs in my tackle box and does nothing if you can't find them at the shop.

Cheers,
Tak

Leo Sorbello

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 22, 2010, 10:27:24 AM
Hiya Tak,

Hope your trip went well up north ?.

I have 8 of these Mg craft skills jigs and no way I 'm parting with them  ;D.

Regards

Leo

Kaiser Pro Shop

December 22, 2010, 05:45:43 PM

Those Nasout jigs are similar to the jigging master AG Rocket jigs, maybe have look around for those to be viewed.

Hi Leo,

Nasout/LJ are quite different from JM Rockets. Although both jigs are bottom weighted, JM Rockets are longer and slimmer at the top.

Also, a section of the Nasout/LJ actually resembles the Sanme with a curved offset depression. This imparts a different action from the JM Rocket.

cheers

Andrew Pennisi

December 22, 2010, 05:49:44 PM
Hi Leo & Tak,
I am in Melbourne Leo and are looking for them in 380g plus in the silver or chrome finish Tak. I have tried the river to sea ones and while I have found they will catch fish they bend easily, you get what you pay for.  I had a look at the AG Rocket jigs, the look a bit like a Zest jig that we have used before with some success, look like they may have a similar action.
Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it.
Andrew

Leo Sorbello

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 22, 2010, 06:55:30 PM
Hi Kaiser Pro Shop  :),

Got it, all round thicker than the Ag rockets with that slight curved offset depression mid way up on a closer look O.K, but it seems less curved depression than the sanmes.

Yes, I know the original sanmes because I've got some.

Hi Andrew,

Yes, your right about the river2sea spikes bending easy....nothing wrong with the actions of the zest super deeps or the AG rockets and their more readily available as shelf stock within tackle shops too.

Regards  :)

Leo

Andrew Pennisi

December 22, 2010, 07:00:39 PM
Hey Kaiser Pro Shop, you just let me know when you get that shipment  of the skills in :) :P

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 22, 2010, 07:23:25 PM
I love the Nasouts by the way and they do not break the bank.

Another option in bottom weighted long jigs is Xia Qiang. Outside Taiwan I think these are much less well known than Nasouts. I only own 2 of these and have not given them a fair run yet, but initial indications are positive. And I have heard first hand how effective these are getting the deep water Amberjacks in Taiwan.  Looks like a jig that would do well with Sambos.

The two pictured are 600 grams and 450 grams.

Kaiser Pro Shop

December 22, 2010, 07:29:22 PM
Thanks Mark (Bali)!

Andrew, we will keep you posted.

Cheers

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 22, 2010, 07:42:45 PM
 :D.

Trying not to sound like a marketing rep for you guys  8), but it must be said Kaiser have very good taste in jigs!