Sam Belcher

Popper suggestions for Dampier WA
March 24, 2011, 10:27:47 PM
Hey all, this is my first post, i haven't been on a fishing forum for years. Im based in Dampier WA.
I am new to the GT Popping scene, i already have all the necessary gear but very few lures.
Any suggestions on some some decent, user friendly, not too expensive poppers would be great.

Cheers, Sam

Kyle Stacey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Popper suggestions for Dampier WA
March 24, 2011, 10:48:54 PM
At the montebello's I had very good success with the halco rooster poppers and river to sea dumbells and best off all around $30. They may need owner trebles as they didnt seem to work that well with singles.

Zac Chilvers

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 25, 2011, 11:55:11 AM
Quote from:  Im based in Dampier WA.
Any suggestions on some some decent, user friendly, not too expensive poppers would be great.

Cheers, Sam
[/quote

Hi Sam any of the Heru/Nomad/Blackjack branded lures like the Cuberas and also the Bombora, Ulua stickbaits around the 100-150 sizes will work around
Dampier. As Kyle says the R2S Dumbells  won't break the bank either, just don't seem to last as long.

Zac

Sam Belcher

March 25, 2011, 06:58:30 PM
Cheers guys, what are some good sites to buy lures online?
As you can imagine the tackle shop prices are through the roof in this part of the world.

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
March 25, 2011, 07:33:41 PM
The Nomad shop has a pretty good range and charges a flat shipping rate.

I have bought stuff from them before and express shipping to WA is very quick.

If you are after the blackjack stuff then the bluewater tackle website (WA) stocks it and is local freight

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 27, 2011, 12:23:30 PM
You shouldn't be looking for cheap lures with the money you earn, you already set the standard when you bought Craftbait!  ;D

Sam Belcher

April 14, 2011, 06:58:56 PM
Haha yea, i bought a couple more last pay too. As soon as i can get this bloody FG knot sorted i wont be so worried about losing them.