Mark Armistead

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Konishi San- Big fish and my moment of muppetry
January 14, 2011, 06:55:00 PM
Had Konishi San back out with us again today and after a very slow start the fish finnally decided to play ball.
After several hours of casting Konishi hooked a good fish out of a pack of marauding kings, after a tense battle in shallow water the fish was soon at the sid eof the boat.
For some crazy reason i thought the fish was not well hooked and decided to go for the net rather than a lip gaff or boga grip, well to say things went from bad to worse was an understatement. The first few attempts to net it saw me nearly knock the hook out, then when i did get it in the net the fish was just to big for the big environet and with a few kicks it flopped itself back into the water. Big problem now was one of the hooks was still stuck in the net, panic, panic find the gaff and get in a lip hold but then the fish thrashes anround and pulles the gaff out. Another attempt and then into the boat with the big bugger. I did my bext to lose this fish and after such a hard morning i have to say my heart rate went up a few notches.
Fish measured out at 135 cm any guesses on the weight.

Got another one soon after that was quite a bit bigger and on one of light blue chaser rods.
Seen some absolute giants today amongst these fish, i am talking seriously huge fish.

Sam Conacher

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
the master Kenji Konishi strikes again.

i have nothing but 100 per cent respect for him, not to mention a hole lot of other people to.

my guess would be 26 - 30kg, maybe more then 30kg.