GTPOPPING.COM Sponsors (Historical) > Fullscale Lures

Stickbaits

(1/4) > >>

Chris Young:
First let me thank you for your patience, I have had many enquiries over the last couple of years, but as with the poppers, I refused to release any lure until both myself and my tester, Brandon are satisfied it meets the Full Scale standard. Over the last 2 years we have been testing a heap of prototypes, a couple of you have a stickbait I made a while back which I never officially released. I decided to discontinue that specific model and go back to the drawing board as it just wasn't quite what I was after.

I am now pleased to announce the release of the first Full Scale stickbait called "Sidewinder". This lure is a surface stickbait, 280mm long and weighs 210g, equipped with the Full Scale wire system and 540kg swivel. It is a big stickbait designed specifically for big GT's. It has a wide, wild slashing action and needs a controlled hand to keep it in the water, but if you have the ability to work surface stickbaits well you will appreciate what this lure can do. Surface stickbaits require a bit of skill and rodwork to get the best out of them, if not they will just flap around on the surface like a broken pencil popper instead of that great darting slashing action.

"Sidewinders" will only be available direct from me, they are not on the website yet. If you're interested, please get in touch with me at www.fullscalelures.com.au or email me at [email protected]

Another model (or two) will be ready soon too ;)

Angus Hulme:
28cm and 210 grams....that's massive Crusty  :o You don't stuff around with little lures then  ;)

Sounds like you'd almost need a heavy popping rod (rather than a stickbait rod) to work this beast?!

Are there any thoughts of eventually releasing a smaller version of this 'Sidewinder'?

Brandon Khoo:
The Ripple Ultimo UG79H is perfect for stickbaits of this weight. In terms of smaller versions, Crusty will have to respond to that

Mark Harris:
That is indeed a whopper :)

More news of smaller versions and hopefully a sinking version eagerly awaited.

Chris Young:

--- Quote from: Angus Hulme on February 08, 2011, 11:01:17 AM ---
Are there any thoughts of eventually releasing a smaller version of this 'Sidewinder'?

--- End quote ---

One size at a time mate  ;D I would rather do one size/shape really well than a heap of mediocre ones, we are still testing the smaller sizes of this shape, very close but not quite there yet  ;)

Mark, no sinking lures at the moment

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version