Chris Rogerson

Daiwa saltiga 2010 jigging rods?
February 09, 2011, 10:53:19 AM
Hi Guys! I have been a long time lurker and now first time poster on this forum, It's a great site with a stack of info.

http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=4317

Does anyone have any opinions on these rods I am considering the SG57S-5/6F.

I would love to build something but the blank options really are quite limited. and overall I was really impressed with the feel finish and components on this stick?

Thanks for the help!

Chris Rogerson

Re: Daiwa saltiga 2010 jigging rods?
April 10, 2011, 08:31:14 PM
Went ahead and bought this rod, performed flawlessly and was very easy to use on middling kings while still putting the hurt on the f#*%king whalers, if any one wants a specific opinion let me know.

marinco koj

April 15, 2011, 09:19:30 PM
Saltiga rods are great for the price, some you can high stick and still take the rod home in one piece, can't argue with that.

mk

Enoch Li

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
May 31, 2011, 06:17:33 AM
I added a Saltiga (pre-2010) PE3 rod to my arsenal.  Total length is 6'6".  Power is M.

I have only good things to say about the blank.  I've high stick'd the rubys off of it and still one one piece. I like JDM Hiramasa lineup as well.  Heard good things about them from my counterparts in Japan.
I've learned what I am really after
comes along with what is caught at the
end of my line...

Sha Zhang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
May 31, 2011, 07:45:49 PM
I have had a play with the new rane over the weekend at the shops felt good in the hand and very nice action.

Tony Giang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 11, 2011, 05:18:08 PM
Do you guys think it's worth paying that much for the Saltiga rods?
For the price of the rods I think their are better alternatives. Especially since most of them are made in Thailand.

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
June 11, 2011, 05:56:04 PM
I've had/got a few Saltiga rods, I'm very fond of most of their blanks.  I have found however that the butt lengths are a little shorter than a lot of rods.

On the casting rods, I like this - it makes them a little easier to work surface stickbaits (tread carefully if popping is your game).  However, I find the Jig rods a little short in the butt.  If you are a large unit, check em out before you buy, better suited to shorter arms - particularly for mechanical jigging under the arm.  I have reversed the reel seats on a couple that I really like in order to extend the butt (lock up rather than lock down) which has woked out well.

If the length doesn't suit, check out the Smith AMJ range, I find them to have very similar actions to the saltiga jig rods and a little longer in the butt!  Sometimes you can pick them up a little cheaper as well

I've never broken a Saltiga blank, and I've done some nasty things to them.  Cant recommend them highly enough.

I've owned 63S (x 2), dorado 70s and 80s, 80TN (a real keeper), Hiramasa 56HS - cracking kingfish rod if you reverse the seat, and finally an Extreme 56XHFS - a wicked doggie jig rod with reversed reel seat.

Tony Giang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 04:38:01 AM
http://www.7seasproshop.com/product_detail.php?keyword=daiwa_daiwa_saltiga_hiramasa

At the current exchange rate, the rod only cost AUD$240.
Motackle is selling the Hiramasa 63S for $575. We're getting ripped HARD.

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 05:46:21 PM
Tony'

I note they are all listed as out of stock - pretty easy to list a rediculous price when you have no stock!

Tony Giang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 06:35:11 PM
Tony'

I note they are all listed as out of stock - pretty easy to list a rediculous price when you have no stock!

It was in stock a few days ago. Someone just recently bought it.
A friend of mine purchased one.
If you look at their other rods in stock, you will notice that the pricing is alot better than others.

Chris Rogerson

February 22, 2012, 12:58:57 PM
This had been a great pe4 jig rod matched to a stella 8000pg plenty of punch, loads up very well and seems easy to fight with for long periods.

Richard Ghalayini

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 26, 2012, 04:10:11 PM
I felt the new deep 55s it feels nicer than the older one I guess 10 years newer technology went in it as it had sort of a parabolic action like the smith amjs more forgiving feel on the angler.