mark kyriacou

OTI lures
February 16, 2011, 01:07:46 PM
hey team

I was just wondering because i couldnt really find any info on this about OTI poppers and stickbaits. How do these lures hold up with gts as i am heading to fiji very shortely and as per usual i have left everything till last minute and i cant find anywhere with the heru cuberas still in stock and the OTI poppers are around the same price range

any help would be appreciated
regards mark

Geoff Volter

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: OTI lures
February 16, 2011, 06:53:09 PM
I had one split across the cup on its first fish. OTI komodo. The price was right, it was somebody else's lure ;D

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 16, 2011, 07:03:50 PM
Any idea where they are made?  A sample of one is not much to go on :) but hardwood poppers should not be splitting like that.

What is the wiring like Geoff?  Looking at some images on the OTI website, it looks a little bit lightweight.
Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:06:14 PM by Mark Harris

BriceBludau

July 31, 2011, 11:10:01 AM
I am getting more and more feedback from GT fishermen about my lures.  OTI has never really marketed to the GT fishermen in the past, but we will be in the future under the new ownership.

First off, that lure should not have split... I'm not going to make excuses, but it was either a very random flaw or the lure may have been damaged.  I assure you this would be a rare occurance. 

The OTI poppers that have been most popular with the GT crowd are definetely the Sea Dragon, PopStick, and Wombat.  The Komodo and Goanna Cruisers are very popular for tuna here in the states.  We also have a large stick bait called the Phantom.  It is very long and sometimes that length causes too much leverage and can break the lure body.  I really want to find a solution to this problem because the reports I've gotten say it gets nailed!!

Please PM me any suggestions, success stories, or concerns you may have about OTI lures and Rods.

Thanks guys.  I look forward to becoming an active member of this forum.

Callan Wallace

August 07, 2011, 08:06:00 AM
I sell them and use them and have had no problems yet. Each one has it's own little nuances, but that is to be expected. I have had a few comment about the hole where the through wire is, is a bit to large but that is the only bad I have heard.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 07, 2011, 11:05:36 AM
Guys, as a general point, I have over the years had numerous brands split on me and this includes the really premium brands. Even with perfect curing, sometimes it is just the angle of the pressure being applied on the lure for it to split down a particular grain.

I haven't used OTIs and don't know anything about them but unless this becomes a common occurrence, we should take it as an aberration.

The exception is Orion - but they're not made from wood  ;)
If it swims; I want to catch it!