Mark Armistead

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
All tackle kingfish record
February 24, 2011, 08:27:03 AM
We are pretty keen on releasing fish at Extreme sportfishing and after a chat with Phil Bolton(NSW Fisheries) i was motivated to get my hands on one of the new IGFA official measures and go out and fill in the kingfish record.
We got a fish yesterday that we will do the paperwork for and send off to see how it goes. This was not a huge fish so i do expect that we will get another fish in the next few weeks that will again see us filling out more paperwork. A few guys form here are coming soon, so anyone whoever wanted to get their name in the world record books then your chance may not be too far away..
Good on the IGFA for introducing this new category, its always good to see big  fish swim away.
Cheers Mark

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: All tackle kingfish record
February 24, 2011, 10:11:26 AM
Good work Mark, that will put a bit of extra interest out there, the new record length category is the best thing to happen to competition angling for a long long time. Also the MC gang of three may be able to put up a std length rather than weight as a 'Monster Class' target.
I'm shore my two Amigos, Paul & Pete will try to put up a target for MC's Brandon and Malcolm to aim for the following week ;).

14 13 12 11 days to go  ::)
Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:28:51 AM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
February 24, 2011, 12:23:37 PM
how long to go now Greg?

Mark Armistead

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
February 24, 2011, 12:33:06 PM
I seen a few worthy contenders for you the other day Bun. I will put you on the spot, landing them is up to you!!!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 24, 2011, 01:20:43 PM
Oohh! I'll be packing the KD, 130 spool and Eric's secrete weapon  :D

Only 10.5 now Luke, but who's counting  ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
February 24, 2011, 03:04:00 PM
Mark, they're all short and fat over there.......(that's the fish I'm referring to!)........IGFA will need to bring out a special measuring stick just for use in NZ, 8.5 mm to the centimeter I reckon will do it! 

Either that or come up with a length x girth measurement (score by the cubic meter!)

Otherwise your likely to be pipped by some malnourished 10kg King from the east coast of OZ.

Mark Armistead

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
February 24, 2011, 04:36:57 PM
Peter we got one the other day that had just spawned and was really skinny.
Weighed at 28 kg but was 145 cm long, fish like this normally well over 30. would have been a good one for the new record.
You guys were lucky to hit the fish pre spawn and they are always pretty fat then.