Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
80lb blank
March 02, 2011, 11:57:22 AM
Hi all.
I'm thinking about getting a bottom bashing rod built for my Stella 10K SW I currently have for popping. It's not getting much use on the popper rod (none actually :( )and although I plan to change that I'd like to see the reel used more.
I don't jig but do bait fish a lot for Red Emperor and all the usual tropical species that go with it.
The reel has 80lb braid on it. I already have a saltiga expedition on a T curve deep jig 400 which is fine but would like to know what other options there are for a better performing rod in this range.
Since I don't jig I'm looking at a custom set up as the butts on jigging rods are too long for my style on fish less than 30lb.
A couple I want to look at but am having a hard time getting a hold of is the Black hole 250 and jigging master PS 300 blanks. Any others in this range would be great. Rod length between 5"6 and 6", 5"8 probably the sweet spot. I doubt I'll use more than 11 kilos of drag.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 80lb blank
March 14, 2011, 09:00:42 PM
Has anyone had any experience comparing the JM free jigger 250 to the JM PS 300 and the three kings special in L or LL?