Brad.Bell

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shimano Australia - you are awesome!
March 11, 2011, 02:08:48 PM
Just have to say you are a bloody awesome company

sent my 18000 stella back with a bent rotor, they replaced it no questions asked and gave it a free service for me

all on warenty

that kind of customer service is rare these days

well done shimano!

cheers

Brad

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Shimano Australia - you are awesome!
March 11, 2011, 02:12:27 PM
Excellent news, now if we could only get Daiwa Australia anywhere near that level we would be set........

Doug Lindsay

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
March 12, 2011, 02:21:01 PM
Ah men to that Ben.

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 12, 2011, 02:54:25 PM
I just bought a new 18000 and 20000 Stella over the respective Daiwa alternatives. I am a long time Daiwa man but the deciding factor was the service I have received the last few times I have had reel problems.

One of thier biggest fans has swapped teams due to it!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2011, 04:05:32 PM
Welcome to the A Team Ben, share the love  ;) ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 13, 2011, 02:18:39 AM
Service is the driving factor for me as well. Daiwa in Southeast Asia are abysmal and Shimano not too bad. Daiwa's key problems in my part of the world  seem to be lack of control of dealers, parallel imports, and products being sold without any warranty.

I like the respective products almost equally, so it is service that usually swings me the way of Shimano.
Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:21:24 AM by Mark Harris

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 13, 2011, 10:47:45 AM
Ditto to Brad and Ben.  Replaced a bent rotor on my 10k FA no questions, as well as a GT Special that had an unfortunate incident.  Then went Daiwa but my latest reel is a 18k SW based on service I've received from Shimano, great service from the oz team.

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 13, 2011, 08:55:14 PM
Another ditto :D Replaced nearly the whole internals of my FA10k after the pinion gear exploded, and all for Free 99. ;D

Scott Schrapel

April 05, 2011, 12:08:16 PM
I 2 was a Daiwa fan. But Shimano have won me over with there customer service & support. & a product that clearly is ahead of the rest.

Tim Richards

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 05, 2011, 12:29:33 PM
My only ever warranty claim was with Daiwa, I had a Monster Mesh jigging rod let go on me(no it wasn't high sticking either), I didn't have the reciept but returned it to the place of purchase (Bluewater).  They made no promises but said they would contact the Rep, 10 days later I got a phone call saying I had a new rod at the store ready to collect.  I was pretty damn happy with that service.  I too have heard bad things about Daiwa mainly with reel issues, just thought I would share a good news story as well.

Tim

Nick Darling

• Past Sponsor
  • Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
April 05, 2011, 02:10:44 PM
The Shimano team in NZ are doing a great job aswell, I had a problem with my little Saragossa 4000f self tightening on the drag. I live in Fiji and sent the reel to NZ, They fixed it and sent it straight back with no charge not even on the freight.

Cheers boys

Nick

Michael Gordon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 05, 2011, 02:21:15 PM
Another one for Shimano NZ.Had a problem with line roller bearings on a Stella 18000 which were replaced,reel was serviced & returned very quickly again with no cost to me at all.No way will I be switching brands with customer service like that.

Adrian Braun

April 13, 2011, 07:57:31 PM
Why no one asked the obvious question? What have you done to your reel in order to bend the rotor?  ;D

James Taylor

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 18, 2011, 09:51:18 PM
To give credit where credit is due, my experience of Daiwa has been extremely positive. They have fully rebuilt a reel and even fitted Carbontex on my Z20 and Z30 for no cost. Very friendly guys providing a great service.

Cheers

Martin Gundersen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 18, 2011, 11:39:31 PM
One more for Shimano up here in Norway. Outstanding service from Shimano. Compared to Shimano, Daiwa has no service at all. And thats a shame, because Daiwa have some beautiful reels.
Tight lines
Martin