Jonathan Yeh

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Studio Ocean Mark Question
October 30, 2010, 02:15:33 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the following spool from studio ocean mark
http://www.studio-oceanmark.com/ltd/LTD_2010_09.html
Planning upgrade this spool on to my saltiga expedition 6500. What do you guys think? worth of the spending...
thank you for all suggestion and advise.

Sam Colvin

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Studio Ocean Mark Question
October 30, 2010, 11:43:17 AM
Jonathan,

Personally i think the Saltiga drags off the shelf are nothing like the Stella's in terms of smoothness.

I have a couple of SOM NL spools on my reels and love them. The carbon washers make them ultra stong and ultra smooth.

Money well spent i'd say...
Cheers,
Sam

Kyle Stacey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 19, 2011, 11:30:38 AM
I have a SOM spool on my 6500, it has only been used on one fish since I got it (75kg striped marlin) and although I was not the angler at the time he said the drag was smooth and it performed very well. From a spectators point of view the drag seemed less jerky than the standard spool.

gus cisneros

March 31, 2011, 05:21:22 PM
awesome spools ! but if the only thing you want is upgrade your drag! you just have to change the washers in your saltiga for CARBONTEX drag washers. cost next than nothing!

Antonino Augugliaro

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 12, 2011, 07:26:02 PM
awesome spools ! but if the only thing you want is upgrade your drag! you just have to change the washers in your saltiga for CARBONTEX drag washers. cost next than nothing!

I did it on my Expedition. Smooth and powerful drag whit a few dollars. Simply nice  :)