Andy Scott

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lure storage bags
April 18, 2011, 12:42:45 AM
Another vote for the Hammerhead roll bag for popper / stick bait storage. Pretty good capacity and very lightweight.

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 19, 2011, 12:30:30 AM
Cheers guys, the HPA popper roll looks pretty sweet, might chase one if those up. You dont need to worry about travel expenses when you work in this part of the world, bigger is better!

It still stings when you get slugged. International excess baggage fees are exxy!

On my last trip to NC my excess baggage fee with Qantas was close to $700, and that was just one way. Fortunately I got to speak with the manager and talked my way out of it and on the return leg the French check in staff didn't seem to pay any attention to the weight of our bags.

I know where I'd much rather spend that $700.

You really need to shave off grams wherever you can... it all adds up, and if  the HPA bag weighs as much as Dan specifies then that's around 8 x 150g poppers which is probably around half the poppers that an average angler would take on a trip.

When you start adding pliers, terminal gear, gimbal belt etc etc... it get's heavy quick! You'll want to take as little clothing as you can to maximize the tackle you can bring :)

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
April 21, 2011, 06:08:25 PM
Sorry a bit late in getting these pics up of the bags I mentioned, and apologise for the qulaity of these images... didn't have my camera at home so just got these ridiculous Blackberry images... but they give you the idea of the bag...

As mentioned, its a zip up bag, with compartments on both insides, with a "page" in the middle with compartments on each side of that...
Each page has 4 large compartments, so you looking at 16 in total...

As you can see ( barely because of the shyte quality pics ) I've got the following on one "page"

Right Page, bottom to top:

Fullscale Long Kong
2 x Craftbait Realbaits in one sleeve
DarkStar/Heru Cubera
Fullscale Sidewinder

Left Page, bottom to top:
Falcon GT 280 & Orion Bigfoot 180 in one sleeve
Carpenter Katobbi & Gamma 160 in one sleeve
Craftbait Pencil and GT2 in one sleeve
3 x Baby Runboh in one sleeve.

So effectively the bag has 2 x this capacity.

A couple more pics:

Empty sleeves

And a size reference with a pack of Camels when zipped up...

Again sorry for the crappy pics, but you get the idea...

Dre
Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:10:10 PM by Andre van Wyk
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 22, 2011, 04:55:26 AM
i get 58 stick baits ulua 150 size  in my one . 29 pockets.

Dan Harley

April 22, 2011, 12:43:25 PM
FYI HPA is coming out with a new Popperstore Bag made of TPU material.  TPU is the same material used in the HPA Flat Jig Bag, Dry Duffel 90 Orange, etc.  Basically if you have an Orange HPA product its likely made of TPU which is lighter than the NPVC (Black and Grey fabrics).

The Orange TPU Popperstores will arrive dealers like SaltyWater Tackle in the mid Summer.

Shaun Raymond

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 27, 2011, 09:50:25 PM
I use the hpa from saltywaterand it goes on the plane as my hand luggage...... It also works well to confuse the customs folks in various parts of the world......

Dan Harley

May 02, 2011, 12:00:52 AM
Guys here is the link to HPA's ftp site where they have pictures of all the bags

http://www.hpa.fr/pictures/navicom/PHOTOS%20PRODUITS/

We import and distribute about 20 SKU's from HPA, if you dealer doesn't have what you are looking for please let us know and I'll refer you to one that has the product you want!

Lee Margrave

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 14, 2011, 01:09:17 AM
Guys here is the link to HPA's ftp site where they have pictures of all the bags

http://www.hpa.fr/pictures/navicom/PHOTOS%20PRODUITS/

We import and distribute about 20 SKU's from HPA, if you dealer doesn't have what you are looking for please let us know and I'll refer you to one that has the product you want!
Hi Dan,  I already have the larger popper bag from HPA, and might go ahead and get another for my pencils, But was wondering if they had a slightly smaller roll up type bag and if you have them?   Thanks....Lee

luke peters

June 23, 2011, 02:48:05 PM
I have always used the Hammerhead bags they hold quite a few popper and you can leave the lures in the bag while you hose them out

I usually take one with popper and one with stick baits.

I got mine from fishead quite awhile ago I'm not sure if they still have them