Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out 21/3
March 22, 2011, 08:28:16 AM
Glanville:- Who said Gt fishing was difficult, today I had 4 complete novice anglers on my boat and it was an absolute cracker, we started off fishing a ledge close to the anchorage and the first cast of the morning which was intended to be a demo cast was an instant hook up I didn't even get a chance to demonstrate the action of the lure as it was destroyed the second it hit the water, the action was fairly consistent all morning until we had some interesting weather which put the brakes on the action for a while. After the trip to the new reef we stopped at the first point I found and what broke loose was just chronic I reckon if we cast 10 lures we would have hooked 10 fish but instead 3 went in and 3 solid GTs came to the boat for some pictures followed by the rest of the gang that just swam below the boat, every cast packs of fish were coming up and the some of the takes we saw were just insane fully airborne fish were a common sight. We boated over 20 Gts and in amongst them we had Spaniards crashing lures and even managed to get a few different species on the light gear when the guys' arms were too scared to cast the Gt lures. With a forecast 10-15knts of weather tomorrow is no doubt going to go off with the black shapes still fresh in my mind.

Peter: Today we left the anchorage and shifted further north. We started off fishing our way north and the fishing was slow. The weather then decided to unleash with howling wind and rain just as we were doing the cross towards the new reef anchorage. I tell you what it was all worth it once we arrived the fishing was absolutely mind blowing, I have not seen GTs as aggressive as they were in the spot we were fishing in today for a long time. We had numerous double and triple hook ups today not to mention countless pack attacks. There were a few very sizeable fish lost today and the numbers of fish we actually managed to boat has no real relevance to the amount of action we had out there. I wish it was tomorrow already woooooo!!!!!!!!

ALEX- we hit the blue holes straight up today, while the action was a little slower today at first there were still lots of fish around. We managed to boat one good fish and a nice 8kg chinaman early on before we had drop fish mania. In one blue hole we had a pack of at least 3 fish on each lure but we didn't even come tight on one, it was rather frustrating but entertaining as well. We had a bit of a slow period for a while but then hit a huge purple patch. We started with a triple hookup and boated 4 fish because we had 2 on one lure. And while I was trying to get the guys to pose for a photo they were too side-tracked watching another 15 GTs swarm around the boat. After that every fish that came up was a pack, I have no idea how many fish we saw in a 2 hour period but it was stupid. Stand out capture for today was Robert, the 40kg gt and a real nice guy I hope to see him again. Then we landed 2 on the light gear throughout the chaos one of 8kg the next of about 22. A great day with some serious mayhem for a few hours, cant wait for some more fish tomorrow.

Chris:- well im going to keep this fairly short. We boated 14 GTs biggest around the 30kg mark. Saw plenty of bait and plenty of fish had heaps of double hook ups. Busted off a lot which was a little frustrating caught Spanish mackerel and heaps of gold spot travelleys.