Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
now light popping rod!
October 19, 2007, 11:19:12 PM
oh well, looks like I'll simply spool my 6000 Stella with 30lb instead. Any suggestions for a decent light popping rod for 30lb?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: now light popping rod!
October 20, 2007, 01:43:41 AM
oh well, looks like I'll simply spool my 6000 Stella with 30lb instead. Any suggestions for a decent light popping rod for 30lb?

Hi Brandon ,

I ordered a couple of TBL80/20RF , don't know anything about this rod though but if I look at TBL80/30RF and TBL711/35RF , this rod should handle 30 lbs line without any problem . May get them before the end of the year and hope to be able to try it on school YFTs n skipjack tunas using 20~40 gr. lures .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 20, 2007, 06:50:40 AM
thanks Jon - that is actually one of the rods I am considering. I'm looking for a rod to throw small lures around. It'll be for poppers, stickbaits, minnows, metal slices etc.  Would anything in the Black Current series be suitable?

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 20, 2007, 01:04:08 PM
thanks Jon - that is actually one of the rods I am considering. I'm looking for a rod to throw small lures around. It'll be for poppers, stickbaits, minnows, metal slices etc.  Would anything in the Black Current series be suitable?

Hi Brandon ,

BC75MH / BC78H wud be my choise as I have one of the former , this will cast anything below 100 gr. to a good distance but ideal for 40~80 gr. lures .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 20, 2007, 05:03:59 PM
thanks Jon - much appreciated