Kim Jones

Lure Colour and Size
September 26, 2010, 08:19:14 PM
We are planning a trip next month to the top end of Fraser Island and one of our aims is to try for GT's. After reading Brandon's excellent article on lures we will probably stick with Cubera poppers and Dogtooth stickbaits. That leaves the question of what size and colour to choose. The budget needs to be sensible so I only want to pay for lures that we know will be successful. Can anybody suggest what size and colours are proven winners in this area please. Our outfits can fish up to PE10.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lure Colour and Size
March 20, 2011, 06:23:44 AM
Kim, any of the established lures that you read about on this forum will work. The key issue to success though, is your ability to present the lure effectively. I'd suggest you look at the 150g models in both. I wouldn't be too worried about the colours.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Narc

Re: Lure Colour and Size
March 23, 2011, 11:46:46 AM
Kim, be equipped with some 125g as well, they will provide some relief during fatigue.
Like whats said in the lure bible, just stock yourself with some bright colored ones and some darker ones, if one shade doesnt work, the other should work if the fishes are there.
just my 2cents worth... good luck!