kaspar lenigas

diawa saltiga blast 4500
March 23, 2011, 06:27:43 PM
hi all i'm not sure if the diawa saltiga blast 4500 is any good for gt popping or jigging with i have here'd that is pritty good value for money and it is quite tough but has anyone used one or seen one in action

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: diawa saltiga blast 4500
March 23, 2011, 07:18:38 PM
They are a very watered down version of a Saltiga. If you intend on getting serious in the sport, you're better off in the long run with a Saltiga. But if you're just doing a once or twice thing then it will suffice.
AKA: Sunny

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 24, 2011, 12:49:28 AM
Hi Kaspar,

I used to quite like it when I was chasing Kingfish on jigs because it has unique gear ratio between Saltiga hi and power gear.
Saltiga will be more durable but this is not bad at all for the price.

Cheers,
Tak

Mike_Tan

March 24, 2011, 12:53:37 AM
The Daiwa Catalina is very similar in price with Saltiga Blast but has a waterproof body like the Saltiga Z series. IMHO its better value for your money and comes in high or low gear ratio. If you don't want to break the bank on fishing gear then the Catalina would be worth a look.

kaspar lenigas

March 24, 2011, 09:12:56 AM
i've got a saltiga dogfight and have done quite alot of gt popping, but i won't a little versition gust for small gt and jigging kings and aj's but from what i here it is not as good as the original saltiga it's self but it is good value for money. 
Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:15:31 AM by kaspar lenigas