DarrylMartin

Re: Go to lures
March 31, 2011, 10:12:47 PM
Go to lures: Craftbait Realbait, Souls Habiki, Orion Big foot, Heru Bobara. 

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
April 01, 2011, 09:00:50 PM
Purple Heru/DarkStar Cubera in 125gram is pretty much a given for me... easy to through, easy to work, and proven fish slayer...

On the stickbait front its a 120 gram Ulua in Purple or Red...

To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Bwanna Surya

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 01, 2011, 11:26:46 PM
With my limited experience..at the mean time my go to lure are Adhek Dragonnet and Heru GT Mania...

Bruce Ingram

April 01, 2011, 11:52:15 PM
I always like to start with a Green Bobara 150.

When things get desperate I break out my lucky red and white Halco rooster which has been a proven drought breaker. 

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 02, 2011, 10:58:08 PM
As folks are listing their specific go to lures, here are mine:

Chuggers: Heru Cubera 125 and 150 grams, Adhek Venus 125 gram, Adhek Big Gecko 160 gram, Craftbait GT3 150 gram.

Stickbaits: Craftbait Realbait (surely the easiest stickbait to work effectively?) in various sizes, Adhek Penipen 140 gram and for a sinker, Orion Bigfoots.

Pencil Poppers (only in very choppy water): Orion Flapper, Adhek Ocean Lady.

Those would be the general favourites. 

In epsecially deep water when big noise/splash is required I really like the Ebipop 200 and also put a word in for the Adhek PomPom - only 160 grams and not much of a splash but it makes a hell of a deep booming pop.

Gary Prerost

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 05, 2011, 10:05:59 PM
Awesome thanks to those who replied, feeling good about my aquisitions thus far and good to see a broad range of lures suggested many thanks once again

mark kyriacou

April 06, 2011, 08:41:28 PM
as i recently got back from a trip to fiji i wont be going on another one without  adhek gecko, and orion cono cono as poppers and gt slider and adhek goby and penipen
and always gotta have the heru range of poppers and sticks somewhere in the collection

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 07, 2011, 08:51:41 AM
Heru skipjack in green with the new bigger cup, always carry atleast four of these on every GT trip, casts like a bullet and is easy to work.
Set the ray to GeeT

Ladd Yoshimura

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 07, 2011, 10:39:32 AM
Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:42:09 AM by Ladd Yoshimura

Thien Dao

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 07, 2011, 11:07:24 AM
My go to lure would be a Craftbait UltraBigmouth, simply because it was the lure that worked best for me on my very first trip. Stickbait...probaly a Bigfoot.

Geoff Volter

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
April 07, 2011, 05:15:01 PM
Gary, have you tried teh fullscales? The kong in either red head/ black body, or pink head /black body, one of my faves.

Gary Prerost

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 07, 2011, 06:15:55 PM
Geoff ther are a lot of lures listed here I havent tried.Work is all consuming for me at present however I get a couple of decent trips away each year .My goal is to go into early retirement and fish as many places as I can .Heading to broome and NT in a couple of months so am going through the process of gathering gear
Again to all thankyou for your thoughts its provided me with some great insight into lures and why keep em coming I know others are reading this with interest

Ian Ramsey

April 07, 2011, 07:04:24 PM
Hi Gary , I also taught myself ,I like to fish for GTs on light gear , the popper I use for them cost $4.50 , this type of popper has hooked heaps they seem to love them , in the photo is the biggest I have landed so far .

Ian Ramsey

April 07, 2011, 07:11:02 PM
forgot the popper.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 07, 2011, 07:22:19 PM
Good stuff Ian. What's the rod you are using there paired with a Saragosa if I may ask?