Lee Margrave

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Coral Viper
July 18, 2011, 10:55:51 AM
Sounds more like a reverse psychology approach to me Dave, I'd keep a close eye on her if I were you, something fishy goin on there!
I think half the fun of marriage is the stealthy "purchase + hide" game all fisherman play - sounds like she has taken all the fun out of that!

I'm sure she's a lovely lady, and if she's going to ruin the game with a pre-emptive strike.....what a way to do it hey!  Master stroke!
Read the original post from Dave...Even if Peter is on the right track..You still have the rod...Read the post to my wife...Wrong thing to do on my part...I bought my own CV recently and now it's pay back to her...BIG RING. COMING HER WAY real soon.

Dave Hudson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 18, 2011, 05:48:43 PM
Sounds more like a reverse psychology approach to me Dave, I'd keep a close eye on her if I were you, something fishy goin on there!
I think half the fun of marriage is the stealthy "purchase + hide" game all fisherman play - sounds like she has taken all the fun out of that!

I'm sure she's a lovely lady, and if she's going to ruin the game with a pre-emptive strike.....what a way to do it hey!  Master stroke!

There are still plenty of stealth purchases mate, I'm not sure she understands how much gear will be strapped to the viper!!!
Cant take anything away from her it was an awesome gift and she can buy all shoes she likes ( by stealth of course) ;)
Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:23:29 PM by Dave Hudson

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
July 18, 2011, 09:06:48 PM
Good to see you today Aqua Dav,will have to go down the lake and get your practice casts in ;)

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 18, 2011, 09:19:18 PM

There are still plenty of stealth purchases mate, I'm not sure she understands how much gear will be strapped to the viper!!!
Cant take anything away from her it was an awesome gift and she can buy all shoes she likes ( by stealth of course) ;)

Let's see... Stella 10000SW, SOM Custom No Limits 16000 spool, SOM Custom Handle & Grip, SOM Custom Handle Cap, 300m Sunline Castaway Monster Battle PE8, Carpenter GT Gamma 140... well that's what I'd buy  :P

Dave Hudson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 19, 2011, 06:21:11 PM
I think you read my mind Jay!! Dont know if I'm ready to get into gamma territory just yet tho!! :D

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 19, 2011, 06:34:59 PM
Just sent this thread to the Mrs to give her a bit of inspiration!

Let's hope it pays off  :)

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
July 21, 2011, 01:11:16 AM
WOw, and I thought my missus was awesome..... but then again, she did build me an entire "Man Cave" as a surprise for my birthday, installed rod racks etc herseld, installed flat screen TV and play station, installed beer fridge ( full of course! ) and a bunch more... so she's pretty damn sweet!!!

Dunno if I really want her knowing what a Coral Viper costs though.... cause then she'd be looking at my tackle collection thinking " This bugger needs to spend some more money on me if just one of his rods costs this much, and he's got about 25 down here!"  8) :o

Congrats Dave, and great job by your missus!
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...