Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Off the Charts Show
July 22, 2011, 11:58:46 PM
Afternoon! This is not pure popping but it involves popping, spinning and fishing in UAE and Oman along with scenery and just a cool project. Over the last few years Ocean Active has been working with Invisible Cactus to do over 17 fishing shows in UAE and Oman for the Supersport channel in South Africa. We have fished throughout UAE and Oman and mainly using light spinning tackle and some heavier popping tackle. We have experienced some amazing places, caught some fantastic fish and met some real characters.

Over the coming season we will start filming for the next set of shows and we will be setting up in Dubai to also focus doing shows for the local market along with the international channels we have dealt with the the past few years. This is a really exciting project and we have had a really good response so far.

We will be working with various Government Ministries in the region to promote sportsfishing, education and try and help set up regulations to preserve the great fish stocks we have in this region. But unfortunately as any untouched place the natural resources get abused at the moment and the fishing will not remain at this level for much longer.

We will also do some dedicated popping an jigging shows in this region along with a few off the chart places. The shows will be as the name suggests Off the Charts, we will try and show cool places, some informative information and just try catch good fish, while having fun. The show will cover a wide range of fishing but will mainly focus on artificial lure fishing of various styles.

Below is some of the short You Tube clips from previous seasons and also give you a bit of an idea of the programs and also help show some of the fishing we have in this region, not just GTs, but yes they are still the top of the list!! If you check on You Tube under Off the Charts Fishing you will find a whole lot more clips!

OFF THE CHART - Brads GT.mp4
OFF THE CHART Dubai Oman 09
OFF THE CHART - Brad's Beaut of a Queenfish.mp4
OFF THE CHART - Cribs with Nick Bowles.mp4
OFF THE CHART Yellow Fin Tuna Chaos
OFF THE CHART - Nick - Eastern Little Tuna.mp4

Cheers,
Nick

Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:56:27 AM by Nick Bowles

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Off the Charts Show
July 23, 2011, 12:14:24 AM
I deleted a whole lot of the clips as I think they were to big. I hope that you guys will be able to see the clips that I have left. The rest of the clips are on You Tube if you type in Off the Charts Fishing. I also have copies of the full shows if anyone is interested.

cheers,
Nick
Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:03:31 AM by Nick Bowles

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 23, 2011, 03:57:34 AM
Some awesome clips Nick - it's not all about the brutes!

slightly off topic - what's Abu Dhabi like fishing wise? may be out soon for 6 months fingers crossed!

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
July 23, 2011, 04:47:28 AM
Hi Alex, The shows are good fun and we get to fish a lot of different places. The new shows will focus some of the episodes on popping for GTs in Musandam, Southern Oman and a couple of other places we have ear marked. I'm keen to film some good popping shows using the correct gear as per our charters. I filmed some footage from one of our Southern Oman trips that I'm editing at the moment. Will post the stuff when it gets to the a decent level.

Abu Dhabi is a great fishing area for light tackle. Lots of goldens, queenies, kingfish etc. I used to run the operations at Yas Marina in Abu Dhbai and did some great fishing in the mangroves around the area. Give us a shout when you coming and we can make a plan. Also Abu Dhabi is only about 2.5 hours from Musandam and some GTs!

Cheers,
Nick
Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:50:45 AM by Nick Bowles

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
July 25, 2011, 06:14:06 PM
" You know whats that??"  ;D ;D ;D 8)

Gotta love the Eed.... great bunch of guys the OTC crew, and they put a damn good show together... good fishing, good gear, great locations, and great humour with decent music...
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Anton Haakman

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 28, 2011, 04:49:39 AM
Hello Nick

I am very much a land based angler and I am always looking at new destinations. I have seen quite a few of the Off The Chart shows where you fished land based. My question is really whether there are palces there where one can target big pelagics from the shore. I have made a few trips to Western Oz. It has wonderful fishing but as you know one is always looking for new waters.

Regards
Anton

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
July 28, 2011, 12:33:45 PM
Hi Andre, The Eed is a very special guy! The problem is on location you normally laughing so much you end up missing most of the fish! Really looking forward to the coming series, we have some fantastic things planned!

Hi Anton, The shore based trips down Southern Oman are more targeting fish up to the 10kg mark and not many big pelagics off the beach although we have been spooled a few times and still don't now what they are! At night we get a lot of flat fish up to 100kg.

Cheers,
Nick