Eric Tai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi guys,

Recently picked up a 5000sw for my yamaga bluesniper and want to buy a JDM 6000sw spool for extra capacity.

Was looking a a few spare spools I have and noticed that the 8000sw-pg spool lip is significantly thinner than the 10000sw;

Does anyone know if "PG" spools have a different spool lip design compared with their "HG/XG" equivalents? My intention is to spool a 6000sw spool with 40lb JB solid for casting, but I can only locate a 6000sw-pg spool at the moment.

Robert Balkow

Hello,
as far as i know there is no difference in the spool of both models HG/PG if it is the same reel size.
Hope that helps!

Robert

Eric Tai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Anyone with an 8000sw and 8000sw-pg that can compare spools?

Gavin Swab

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Found this on another site. Not sure if it will answer your question, but sure has some great info

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f60/shimano-stella-spool-info-16286/

Eric Tai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Managed to find someone on another forum who had both 10000sw & 10000sw-pg spools, and they confirmed that the 'Power Gear' version has a significantly thinner spool lip.

Presumably the thicker lip on their casting models does aid casting to some degree, but how much is anyones guess. I know plenty of people use 20000sw spools on their 18000sw's but haven't read anything about it signicantly reducing casting distance. Anyhow it's something to keep in mind if your in the market for spare spools.