Paul Lee

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Yamaga Blue Reef
February 27, 2011, 01:32:32 PM
Hi all,

Recently had a chat with Richard from Angler's Hut and he said that the Yamaga Blue Reef rods should be out by the end of March.  He added that after much testing, the Blue Reef rods have turn out to be very good GT rods.    Can't wait  to get my hands on one of them.      ;D

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Yamaga Blue Reef
February 27, 2011, 02:33:00 PM
The pricing be interesting. I hope Yamaga keep it down and that the Blue Reefs are viable mid-high market rods.

Paul Lee

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 27, 2011, 03:12:06 PM
Hi Mark,

I agree.  Yamaga Blanks have always priced their products just under thier premium Ripple Fisher.  I have a couple of their lighter rods, eg: Blue sniper and I must say I am quite impressed by their peformance, lighter weight and also aesthetically.  Hopefuly, Yamaga will maintain the Blue Reef's pricing similiar to their outgoing Atlas range.  Cheers.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 27, 2011, 03:19:33 PM
I spoke about these with Richard a while back and I expect these to be very competitively priced.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Ferris Long

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 27, 2011, 08:33:18 PM
Guys,

This is a stickbait rod, whereas, ATLAS range are chuggers. It has got very sensitive tip with good power on the low end. I was playing with the prototype at his office, and it is quite an impressive piece to start with.

Cheers

Sheldon Chee

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 28, 2011, 03:01:48 AM
.... yes, if only Yamaga would be much kinder on the paper.... I mean both 7/10 PE8 (max180gm) or 10 (max200gm) ? Gotta get Richard out with both sticks to see what is the real fuss with that 20gm difference... decisions decision......  :o

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 28, 2011, 03:57:39 AM
Sheldon,

Usually the difference between PE8 and PE10 rated rods will be more in terms of power, i.e. lifting strength once loaded through to the butt, rather than max casting weights.

The downside to always having more power is that the more pressure you can exert on the fish, the more pressure the rod exerts back on the angler him/herself.
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Sheldon Chee

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 28, 2011, 10:54:54 AM
Kasey,
I do understand abt the hurt on the PE scale but I'm looking for an all-day go-to rod and when it comes to stickbaits the nature of the rod place a bigger part in the process.
PE 10 I assume would be much stiffer but when the diff in it's max lure is only 20gm; I'm curious where the stiffness goes to. Working stickbaits with the KD all-day is not really that enjoyable  :-\

Lenny Lim

• Fusilier
  • Let's do it !
  • Liked:
February 28, 2011, 04:46:52 PM
Damm ! I just bought the Atlas PE8.

:o

Sheldon Chee

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 28, 2011, 05:19:05 PM
Lenny,

The Atlas is a nice all-day chugging rod IMO. I like it for those 100-125gm pops, 150gm would be pushing it a little but the 76/8 is a sweet rod.

Lenny Lim

• Fusilier
  • Let's do it !
  • Liked:
March 02, 2011, 09:15:09 PM
Sheldon, thank you for making me feel at ease  ::)

Cheers mate.

Paul Lee

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
April 05, 2011, 09:10:52 PM
Hi all...Just got word from Richard that the Yamaga Blue Reef rods are in stock.  Cheers.    ;D