Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Lagoon Explorer 10 Apr 2011
April 11, 2011, 07:57:22 AM
Glanville;- Woke up this morning very eager to get on the water and catch a few fish, we were planning on moving to a new anchorage further north so I decided to the use the change of the tide and take a shortcut by sneaking over the flats but the blue holes just looked too good for me, the second one we cast our lures into proved to be the one and we had a ravaging pack of GTs come and destroy Michael's popper only meters from the boat, that fish was so fired up and it didn't take long to find itself a hole and bust us off, nevertheless great way to start the day. The rest of the day proved to be pretty consistent and we were seeing fish at every spot we stopped at but besides that fish in that blue hole everything else had a serious case of lock jaw, the change of the tide seemed to be the go and we had a double bending first spot...we would have seen more than 20 fish today but I think after the bad weather over the past week the fish still seem a little shy but by the way things ended off on the mothership tomorrow is looking very promising, I managed to boat 2 fish on fly off the back of Odyssey that both would have gone 30kg and the guests were getting stuck into them left, right and centre we had a pack of no less than 30 fish willing to eat anything you fed them, Alex got stuck into a few quality fish on the hand line which made for some serious entertainment, the vibe on the back deck at the moment is something else and it seems as though while I'm writing this I am missing out on some serious laughs by the sounds of things...gotta go catcha tomorrow, its going to be a good one no doubt.

Alex- Much better weather today, it was good to wake up to blue skies. We had a bit if a slow morning with only a couple of gold spots hitting the lures and I found a lot of the blue holes just not producing with the small tides we had today. We were fishing some great ledges and shoals but the bait was nowhere to be seen. Then I had a look at my sounder and it was Diamond Islets style bait everywhere. So I quickly rigged a couple of 80g jigs and the action started. Spanish mackerel, big gold spots, red throat, trout all came thick and fast. Then we saw some huge tuna busting up and kept with the light tackle theme and had double hookup after double hookup. I think we landed about 20 longtails in about 45min. We then went back to the GTs and pulled a couple late in the day and missed a couple of others. The back of Odyssey was mayhem this afternoon. One hand is quite sore after using the handline tactic, one of my fish would have gone about 38kg and gave me quite a bit of trouble. I think we ended up mucking around and landing 12 fish off the back tonight, so the fish are around we just need a few bigger tides to fire them up, let's see what tomorrow brings.