CliffKhoo

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Carpenter product questions!
February 05, 2014, 07:17:57 PM
Hi Cliff,

I'm not sure what purpose you are looking for the rod but all BC rods will be unlikely to be produced in near future for several reasons.

You may find suitable rod in BLC range. Please see spec on below link.

http://www.carpenterlures.com.au/rod/blue-chaser.aspx

Cheers,
Tak

Thank you Tak. I'm looking for a light rod, mainly on swimbaits. Bought a Tbl 84/22 but realising it does not fit the 6k. Though the rating is 3-4. Mistake on my part.

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 05, 2014, 09:44:26 PM
Tak,

Shame about the production of Black Current rods. I could do with a couple of specific ones.

Regards,

Trevor

Ben Yeo

• Fusilier
  • What!? How Much?... But I only want One!!
  • Liked:
February 06, 2014, 08:54:32 PM
May I know what rod can a stella 6k hg pair with? Can a blackcurrent do the job?

Hi Cliff,

I have a 6K Hg and it's paired with a BLC 70/20 SMC. A very very good match. Spooled with PE 4 it cast a mile and able to work smaller Gammas like a charm.
Best thing? the rod is still available now.

Hope this helps
Ben

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 07, 2014, 09:06:47 AM
Hi Cliff,

I'm not sure what purpose you are looking for the rod but all BC rods will be unlikely to be produced in near future for several reasons.

Cheers,
Tak

Thank you Tak. I'm looking for a light rod, mainly on swimbaits. Bought a Tbl 84/22 but realising it does not fit the 6k. Though the rating is 3-4. Mistake on my part.

Hi Cliff,

Stella 6000 was OK at the time rod was tested. (Stella 6000 had 8000 size body at the time rod designed and now it is same size to 5000 size. ) Most domestic anglers use TBL 84/22 for tuna fishing and they use larger reel like 8000 size even with PE3. With current 6000 size reel, check the rods with 18 size reel seat or 20.

Cheers,
Tak

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 07, 2014, 09:10:31 AM
Tak,

Shame about the production of Black Current rods. I could do with a couple of specific ones.

Regards,

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

There are a few reasons for this, both internal and external. But we'll be looking for alternative solution in the future.

Cheers,
Tak

CliffKhoo

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 08, 2014, 09:22:43 AM
May I know what rod can a stella 6k hg pair with? Can a blackcurrent do the job?

Hi Cliff,

I have a 6K Hg and it's paired with a BLC 70/20 SMC. A very very good match. Spooled with PE 4 it cast a mile and able to work smaller Gammas like a charm.
Best thing? the rod is still available now.

Hope this helps
Ben

Hi Ben,thank you for your input. I will be looking out for the model.

CliffKhoo

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 08, 2014, 09:52:16 AM
Hi Cliff,

Cheers,
Tak

Hi Cliff,

Stella 6000 was OK at the time rod was tested. (Stella 6000 had 8000 size body at the time rod designed and now it is same size to 5000 size. ) Most domestic anglers use TBL 84/22 for tuna fishing and they use larger reel like 8000 size even with PE3. With current 6000 size reel, check the rods with 18 size reel seat or 20.

Cheers,
Tak

Thank you Tak, I will pair it with a 8000 stella.

Robert Howard

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 20, 2014, 04:09:29 PM
Hello to all,
Sorry for my ignorance.  I was in a discussion and the "Ocean Revolution Rodriguez Special," got brought up.  I was not familiar with Ocean Revolution products.  I had heard the name in passing, nothing more.  I was told that it is/was related to Carpenter.  Is this true?  If so, could someone give me some information on the Rodriguez special, please?  Specs, application, ect.

Thank you very much and have a great day.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2014, 07:37:53 PM
Rob, the rod you are referring to is not a Carpenter. It is a now defunct brand and is no longer available. The name Ocean Revolution has been used by Carpenter for a long time on some of its lures
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 22, 2014, 11:23:36 PM
Ocean Revolution trade mark is Carpenter's way is differentiating between Enthusiast Limited Edition products and Regular products , in early 2000' there are some " Ocean Revolution 56MH-S " by Carpenter which later becomes OH56MH-S . Myself own 1 pc. of the original 28 pcs. built as Ocean Revolution 92 tuna rod which now known as OMA92 , the regular version .

Carpenter Ocean Revolution rods are akin to Carpenter KLL rods now , limited edition in nature but when market demands dictate it , will be produced as Regular rods .

The most recent example is KLL 50 , KLL 70/45 n KLL 75/45 which were released in 2013 will now become Carpenter UPL 50 , UPL 70/45 n UPL75/45 .

As for the Ocean Revolution brand mentioned , it is not a Carpenter product .

Jon .

It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Patrick Jamila

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
March 10, 2014, 09:35:09 AM
can you buy a carpenter blank? just the blank not the built rod. thanks

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 11, 2014, 08:50:16 AM
No Patrick. Carpenter doesn't sell blanks.

can you buy a carpenter blank? just the blank not the built rod. thanks

Daniel Wen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 25, 2014, 12:37:25 AM
looking at a PE 6 rod for poppers and mainly sticks. looking an 82 length.

gonna pair it with a stella 10k with SOM 16 running 300m of PE 6.

is the EP 82/38 a PE 6 or 8 orod ? the EP 85/36 looks good but i dont really like rods that are too long

gonna be using this rod for Maldives!

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 25, 2014, 03:56:05 AM
The 82/38 will be fine for PE6, Daniel.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Daniel Wen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 25, 2014, 01:24:18 PM
ahh i c

but alot of guys are saying its more suited for PE 6 work?