James Wang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Carpenter product questions!
July 06, 2014, 11:32:42 PM
Hi Tak,

Any idea when the PSC jigging rod will be out in the market?

Thanks
James

Mahmoud Salem

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 21, 2014, 07:26:10 AM
Are all EP82/42 Custom order?
And by "custom order" does that mean one has to order it and specify his requirements and wait for along time to recieve it? or can it be found in Japan for example
Another question, How would you compare it to the EP 82/38 and the DJ83MH in terms of lures(both stickbaits and poppers) and in terms of fighting power?

Thanks in advance

Robert Woll

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 21, 2014, 05:56:43 PM
Hi Mahmoud,

about a month ago two Japanese online shops (ProShopMogi and BassMate) had the KLL EP82/42 on sale (I think for about 88k Yen) but they were sold out within a few days and they were reserved for the Japanese market only. If you know someone in Japan who can order for you, have it sent to his adress in Japan and then forward it to you, you might be able to get it, but you have to watch closely and react quickly. On the Carpenter website there's a list of expected seasons when the next batches of different rod models will be completed. During that time have a look at the online shops on a daily basis. Or you simply do a custom order. It will be slightly more expensive but you can have your personalized design.

Good luck,

Robert

Mahmoud Salem

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 21, 2014, 07:37:54 PM
Dear Robert
Thanks for your reply
It's the first time for me to check this batches schedule, very nice, yet very disappointing to know that all the rods I have in mind are not sceduled for a long time :(

Gary Krol

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 09, 2014, 01:17:23 PM
Does anyone know the difference between the Carpenter Big Tuna Shichiri 86 and the HL-TN87?  Aside from the obvious ratings and lengths, I am having a hard time understanding the translation from Carpenter's website and it seems as if just about nobody owns the 86 or has spoken about it online.  Looks to be far superior in that it can take both a lighter and a heavier lure, wider PE rating, take 3kg more drag.

Model   Piece   Length   Closed Length   MAX Line   Lure Weight   Drag MAX   Rod Weight
HL-87 TN     (8'7 ")               1925mm   # 5 ~ 6   70 ~ 140g              8kg     405g

Model                   Piece   Length   Closed Length   MAX Line    Lure Weight   Drag MAX    Rod Weight
Big TUNA shichiri -86      (8'6 ")   1890mm          # 4 ~ 6      60 ~ 160g             11kg     390g
Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:35:20 PM by Gary Krol

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 09, 2014, 08:55:26 PM
Hi Tak,

Any idea when the PSC jigging rod will be out in the market?

Thanks
James

I would also like to know about the release of the PCS jigging rod.

Thanks,

CW

Robert Woll

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 10, 2014, 04:36:57 PM
Hey Chris,

on the Carpenter website it says that the first batches of preordered PSC jigging rods will be delivered in autumn/winter. See here: http://www.carpenter.ne.jp/psc-jiggingrod-3/psc-jiggingrod-3.htm (view it using Google translate).

Most probably some orders have been placed by Japanese shops like Sansui or ProShopMogi and will be sold for the Japanese domestic market only. But that's just guessing. I would also like to know more.

Cheers,

Robert

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 12, 2014, 02:34:52 AM
Will drop you an email seperately Tak - but I just noticed a Blue Chaser with K Series guides for sale? Are some of the rods coming out with K Series now? - any word on if they will go the Torzite route?

Tony Fowler

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 12, 2014, 10:22:18 AM
The light BLC rods like 80/13, 83/13 and 86/10 have K guides. ie rods under say PE3.

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 12, 2014, 08:31:40 PM
Thanks Tony - interesting!

Alex Wong

• Fusilier
  • One more cast.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
November 03, 2014, 07:26:24 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me when will the next batch of Gamma stickbaits be produced?
Thanks a million!

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 04, 2014, 07:29:22 AM
Hey Alex what size are you enquiring about?

You can see the production schedule on the website: http://www.carpenterlures.com.au/

Alex Wong

• Fusilier
  • One more cast.
  • Liked:
November 04, 2014, 01:44:35 PM
Hey Alex what size are you enquiring about?

You can see the production schedule on the website: http://www.carpenterlures.com.au/

Thank you for the direction!

Alex Wong

• Fusilier
  • One more cast.
  • Liked:
Pandora and Zeus
November 12, 2014, 11:28:15 AM
Hi guys,

May I know what is the difference between the Pandora and Zeus sinking sb?

Alex

Robert Woll

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 09, 2014, 02:02:58 AM
Hey there,

if I wanted to buy a nice rod for working stickbaits for "medium" sized fish (say max. 30kg GTs and YFTs in the Maldives) would you rather advise me a Blue Lagoon or a Blue Chaser model? I understand both of them are specialized stickbait rods and their main difference seems to be in their action when fighting a fish (Blue Chaser for fish that tend to flee vertically and Blue Lagoon for fish fleeing horizontally). Is that correct or are there other factors to consider? Also, if anybody has used both rods, which ones do you actually prefer?

Thanks in advance and have a great day,

Robert