Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tak,

EP 82/38 top of my wish list, an EP82/37 has popped up in this thread a couple of times surely this is a typo error or not??

Another high on my list is a BLC80/35 any inside news on production of this one??

Cheers
Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Tak,

EP 82/38 top of my wish list, an EP82/37 has popped up in this thread a couple of times surely this is a typo error or not??

Another high on my list is a BLC80/35 any inside news on production of this one??

Cheers
Andy

It is not typo Andy. Test rod we had last year was called EP82/37 and it is still the same rod. They found 38 is more appropriate when they did re-calculation for moving it to production.

With BLC 80/35R-PM, I know roughly when they run production but it's always hard to say when overseas agent have them. My best guess at this stage is to be delivered very late this year or early next year.

Rob Langridge

• Fusilier
  • I intend to live forever...... So far, so good.
  • Liked:
I got to have a feel of these rods today at Global Tackle and i can tell you they are very impressive rods.

Endless Passion EP85/36
Length: 8.5ft
Line weight: PE6-8
Lure weight: 180g
Drag max: 10kg

Monster Hunter MH80H
Length: 8ft
Line weight: PE8-10
Lure weight: 250g
Drag max: 13kg

Monster Hunter MH79XH
Length: 7.9ft
Line weight: PE8-10
Lure weight: 300g
Cheers,
Rob

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Global Tackle now stock above three models.

Guys in Brisbane - thank you for being patient. Fish Head will get them during coming week.

Cheers,
Tak

Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
What are the major differences between the Monster Hunter MH80H rod and the wild violence 80xh?

Ive had a look through previous posts but failed to find the answers to this question.

Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:59:45 PM by Darren Cook

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
That is a good question, I have owned both rods and without going into to too much technical detail I would have to say the MH80H is a more modern i.e. slightly faster action and lighter rod than the WV. The main difference i see is in the tip half of the MH80H rod which is lighter and allows you to cast better but it works poppers up to 170gm ok and larger stick baits well. The butt section of the blank is big and you can feel the power when you hook a decent fish. I think the WV80xh has a slightly more parabolic bend (for want of a better term). The WV for me is big and powerfull but tiring to cast all day, I beleive designed to hang onto big fish in big current without beating you up too much, where the MH is as strong, a bit more easy to use but probably a little less forgiving than the WV.

You can see the bend on the MH80H in the picture, unfortunately did not get the very tip in the shot though.
Set the ray to GeeT

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I think Andy has provided an excellent summation. A fair bit comes down to the individual feel of each angler. I would say that the WV is actually very parabolic in its action (slower action in the blank) whereas the MH80 has what I agree with Andy is a more modern action - tip folds to facilitate casting but there is a lot of starch in the lower part of the blank. I think the MH80 is a much easier rod to use than the WV.

In terms of power, I would suggest that the WV is more powerful down low than the MH80H. Thw WV is more comparable to the MH79XH or may even be a touch heavier than that.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Thank you Brandon.

Both rods are build on similar purpose and reason they are on different series is due to blank construction. I agree that MH has blank with modern technologies and I would recommend to go MH if you don't have particular preference for easier fighting reason but as Brandon says WV80XH has touch extra power for the people look for it and is still popular model particularly in Europe probably for that reason.

For you reference, MH80H is 40lb rod and both MH79XH and WV80XH are 45lb rods.